Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:44 pm 
Stegosaurus

hsorlando wrote:
Cross training is important, for cardio. One of the trainers at my gym is in excellent shape, teaches step, and a lot of other classes. Anyway a few months ago he participated in a 15k race. Well his cardio level was fine for the 9.3 miles, but he hurt his foot because he didn't run properly and ended up wearing one of those boots. I think if you keep exercise fresh, and new and don't rush into a marathon first thing you can train your body so it won't get hurt. I run 3 times a week,not too fast, and not very far, but I do improve. I also take a Step class which is so different than running, and sometimes if I''m very brave I'll do a cardio jump class to mix it up. And of course there's always the dreaded treadmill, or an eliptical machine.

I agree with hsorlando. Cross training is the ultimate key for preventing injuries !

What are jump classes ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:46 pm 
Elephant

Cardio Jump classes are all about jumping and cardio. Usually it implements a lot of jump roping, but I don't do as well with the rope so I just do the moves without it. And there are also ridiculously different stations set up with various degrees of jumping that you do. So it's basically an hour of jumping, with very limited breaks. During the class we'll take breaks from the different stations and do squats, or plyometric lunges or other jumps as a group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:58 pm 
Manatee

BethL wrote:
Is your spinning class Les Mills RPM? I love that class, so much better than the old Spin classes and in less time.

Oh if your gym is using the Les Mills new classes then your kick boxing is BodyCombate, really great class.

hmmm I have never heard of that spin class...it is just standard...and the kick boxing is tae boe style...we also have a class where you use heavy bags to kick box...I never took it though. I took a Korean form of martial arts when I was younger...for a few years...and I love tae boe...I am going to join the martial arts club when school starts next semester so I am going to add more kick boxing in to get refreshed on the moves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:57 pm 
Elephant

Beth, I love Les Mills classes. I take Body Pump, which you probably know by now if you'vereadmy journal at all, or pretty much any of my posts. It's awesome! Right now because of the extra certs that are involved our Y only has Body Pump. The kickboxing class sound real cool though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:05 am 
Rabbit

Emmybear wrote:
BethL wrote:
Is your spinning class Les Mills RPM? I love that class, so much better than the old Spin classes and in less time.

Oh if your gym is using the Les Mills new classes then your kick boxing is BodyCombate, really great class.

hmmm I have never heard of that spin class...it is just standard...and the kick boxing is tae boe style...we also have a class where you use heavy bags to kick box...I never took it though. I took a Korean form of martial arts when I was younger...for a few years...and I love tae boe...I am going to join the martial arts club when school starts next semester so I am going to add more kick boxing in to get refreshed on the moves.

I am so jealous lol I would love to join a martial arts club, you will have some much fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:10 am 
Rabbit

hsorlando wrote:
Beth, I love Les Mills classes. I take Body Pump, which you probably know by now if you'vereadmy journal at all, or pretty much any of my posts. It's awesome! Right now because of the extra certs that are involved our Y only has Body Pump. The kickboxing class sound real cool though.

Hi Hsorlando, I have been thinking about becoming an instructor for Bodypump the next time they have the training course. I missed it a couple months ago, I didn't really have the money so figured I would wait. It is a good class :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:52 pm 
Elephant

Beth I have heard their training is brutal. If you yawn they make you do pushups, and one of the trainers had to do like 100 pushups during one training day. I don't know if I would survive a training course like that !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:25 pm 
Elephant

I know I wouldn't.
Anytime i do an exercise that involves jumping, or bouncing around (jump rope, jogging, etc.) I get that horrible runner's stitch. I've tried everything and nothing stops them. I've had that problem since I was a kid.

I R collossal phail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:27 am 
Elephant

Swimming is very good for cardio too. I can run 25k no problem, but half a lap of an olympic swimming pool left me panting. ;) It's a lot lower intensity on your muscles as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:11 pm 
Stegosaurus

Hey good for you Pamela. I didn't know you're swimming now !
That's awesome Girly :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:12 pm 
Stegosaurus

Swimming AND running? You are going to be a calorie burning machine! :)

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:32 pm 
Elephant

actually, I'm not swimming right now. :oops: I was speaking from the time during the winter when I went swimming a few times because I couldn't run.