Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Longboarding
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:13 pm 
Gorilla

Anyone longboard?

I'm not into bombing crazy hills, I just like to cruise and carve along the beach or through Stanley Park. It's super relaxing, and I can do it after a heavy workout. I've been bitten by the longboarding bug. Here's a pic of one of my 2 boards - Suz has a smaller Sector 9 bamboo that's similar. This is my Sector 9 Uluwatu (46" long and has new wheels since pic) and I just got an Arbor Bamboo Pin.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:19 am 
Elephant

i used to longboard. i was pretty young and pretty wild, i have a couple of scars to prove it. i love it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:55 am 
Elephant

my cousin has been longboarding for a bit now, and when i tried getting on it, i came close to cracking my skull, so i stopped :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:19 pm 
Elephant

A friend of mine is a serious longboarder....
Mike the Longboarder

He is represented by 'Go Green' Longboarding, not vegans or anything just used the name bc it's a cleaner way to travel i.e. no pollution/wastineg nat resources, etc...

Go Green

He also makes boards and works with Bustin Longboards
Bustin Boards

He is constantly trying to get me on one and is always riding when we are not playing rball. I have gotten on one and rode a little. Not the easiest thing to do but kinda fun. I wouldn't mind getting a little more involved with the sport.

He has those hand things and skids across the floor, it's unreal. Did you get into that part of it yet?

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:47 am 
Gorilla

Lean and Green wrote:
A friend of mine is a serious longboarder....
Mike the Longboarder

He is represented by 'Go Green' Longboarding, not vegans or anything just used the name bc it's a cleaner way to travel i.e. no pollution/wastineg nat resources, etc...

Go Green

He also makes boards and works with Bustin Longboards
Bustin Boards

He is constantly trying to get me on one and is always riding when we are not playing rball. I have gotten on one and rode a little. Not the easiest thing to do but kinda fun. I wouldn't mind getting a little more involved with the sport.

He has those hand things and skids across the floor, it's unreal. Did you get into that part of it yet?

You should def give it another try - it's a really fun way to get around, not to mention zero emissions, and it's a great way to chill outside on a sunny day.

Those bustin boards are pretty cool. The scene here in Vancouver is pretty insane - tone of those hardcore downhill types and sliders. I haven't gotten into sliding yet, don't have the gloves. This is the home of Skull Skates, Landyachtz, Rayne - thos guys are all insane. So far I've just been cruising, altho yesterday we bombed a couple of decent hills up in the Seymour Demo Forest (basically a smoothly paved 18km rolling hill road just for bikes, rollerblades and longboards in the forest). Those Bustin Boards look pretty cool. I'm happy with my classic pin tail boards, but may graduate to a more serious hill board before too long (and some more safety gear!). Longboarding is just plain fun no matter how slow or fast you go - I don't know what it is, just the feeling. A bit like surfing, but without the paddling and sharks. Since I can't ride trials anymore due to my wrecked back, this is a great way to get outside and do something. 8) I'm addicted now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:03 pm 
Rabbit

if you are interested, i made gloves by cutting strips off of a cheap cutting board then supergluing them to some synthetic mechanics gloves