The Portland Marathon

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Vixen
Rabbit

The Portland Marathon

#1 Postby Vixen » Sat May 24, 2008 10:34 am

Hey guys! I'm considering making a second trip to Portland this year to enter the Portland Marathon. Those of you who have done it, what has been your experience with it?

mishe
Rabbit

#2 Postby mishe » Sat May 31, 2008 11:47 pm

Hey! I did the portland marathon last year and am doing it this year as well. It is a very well-organized marathon - nationally renowned actually! The course is relatively flat, and the weather is typically good running weather (cool that time of year). There are lots of aid stations and lots of people supporting on the sidelines. You should totally do it!

Tarz
Elephant

Re: The Portland Marathon

#3 Postby Tarz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 am

Must be a very scenic run I guess.
Davey's favourite tipple was "Blow My Skull", a cocktail he served in half-pint glasses consisting of rum, brandy, gin, port, Madeira, sherry and claret.

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:14 pm

I've never participated or watched. I'd love to be around when it is going on.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

boisei
Finch

#5 Postby boisei » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:56 pm

I've run it several times. It's a good marathon, mostly scenic and fast! There's a long boring stretch from about mile 7-12 but it's early enough in the race to make it through fine and get to the nicer parts.

I have a long race that I do each year that's a couple of weeks before the Portland Marathon, so I don't really race it. I just go out and have a nice run! It's a hard one for me to turn down.

Cheers,
~Z

Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”