Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:48 am 
Gorilla

North Dakota is completely flat land. I live out in the middle of the prairie and there's nothing around me except farmland. It's great for beginner bike riding though! And I do have a bike. :) I should go make some use of it today!

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:46 pm 
Elephant

Be patient too! Sometimes if people start a workout that's too much for them they end up quitting. And usually gym memberships come with a few free personal training seesions, because the gym doesn't want people doing the wrong things on machines, using bad form and hurting themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:21 pm 
Gorilla

i lost over a hundred lbs by cutting 200-500 calories from my diet a day and switching to completely water and orange juice if i wanted something more substantial. I started eating breakfast which i had skipped before. and walking 1-3 miles a day.

The great thing is you have a body to use it. Understand your natural biorythems. Are you more energetic at night? in the morning? time you exercise to where it does not seem like a chore. I often times put things off and then ill get this random burst of energy and i know if i dont ride the wave i wont get it done, so be mindful of that. And it can be as much as me getting up and doing 15 jumping jacks. or when you are watching television walk in place. just makes sure your doing something.

before and after accountability photos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:27 am 
Elephant

hsorlando wrote:
Be patient too! Sometimes if people start a workout that's too much for them they end up quitting. And usually gym memberships come with a few free personal training seesions, because the gym doesn't want people doing the wrong things on machines, using bad form and hurting themselves.

Yeah, the gym I work at offers classes that shows you how to use the equipment. We also teach interval training. Pretty good stuff!