Lacrosse

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

offense74
Elephant

Lacrosse

#1 Postby offense74 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:22 pm

Anyone played it?
There was a tournament in Gothenburg this weekend and I was watching. It looks really fun! The players were on me to come down to practice so I think I will go on wednesday.
http://www.youtube.com/v/B8K3oyo9Tzw&hl
The surest road to happiness is low expectations.

BJJVegan
Manatee

#2 Postby BJJVegan » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:25 pm

Lacrosse looks like a really fun sport. Unfortunately I didn't find out about it till my last year of high school and even then it was too late to get into it :(

IronRonin
Rabbit

#3 Postby IronRonin » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:26 am

Lacrosse was the only team sport I ever loved and ever played! I always sucked horribly at baseball, basketball, football, etc....all the mainstream shit. My junior year of high school I discovered Lax and I STILL to this day go to the park with my other LAX buddies a few times a week (common occurrence in New England, haha) when it's nice out to pass the ball and run around. I played D, and still use a long stick.
I got asked to play by a few of the varsity guys in HS (I was 6'3", 200, and doing well in Xcountry), and they ended up training me in the off season so that I could try to make varsity as a junior for a sport I had never played!! I figured I would suck just like I did at every other team sport, but for some reason I really took to the stick and the whole ninja cradling action deal. I guess not having to actually handle the ball in a sport makes a big difference for me. Also, you get to take 90 degree swings at people with your stick, which is bad-ass. I played Lax until my sophomore year of college, and I loved it!!! Go play!!

Lean and Green
Elephant

Re: Lacrosse

#4 Postby Lean and Green » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:17 pm

Messed around and played catch but never played. Looks awesome though and knew alot of peeps who did.....
Where do you get your protein?
http://www.VeganProteins.com

Joelk wrote:But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”