Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Yoga.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:21 pm 
Gorilla

Do any of you guys who lift weights do Yoga? I'm looking to apply yoga to my schedule once or twice a week but I don't have a lot of money or access to any yoga classes and need to self teach. I'm looking for videos or websites with simple full body routines that cover all the basics in like 30-45min.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Yoga.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:05 am 
Rabbit

Yeah. Adding in some yoga can not only just mix it up now and then and work on your flexibility as you body build, BUT it can be its own intense kickass workout!!

Just answered another question about beginner yoga on another forum. I would expect there are some beginner Yoga channels on youtube for free to get used to the moves and such. But the workout for me comes from things other than the balance poses and stretches (which I need due to too much sitting at computer all day)...repeated cycles through downward dog/upward-dog (namaste)/raise a leg/swing through to warrior 1/2/3 /return and repeat just shreds your core, your shoulders, your glutes, etc.....

So yeah, check it out. Should be some stuff on line for free. The P90X Yoga routine is brilliant. With P90X2 and now X3 out, might be able to pick up original P90X for cheap on craigslist or something...