question regarding fat/muscle

A lot of people claim that it's impossible to gain muscle while losing fat. I don't believe that for a second all though I do think it might be pretty hard to do so (I managed to do it when I first started lifting but don't think it would be so easy now).

But can you reverse this saying that it's "impossible" to lose muscle while you are gaining fat? (I haven't given this much thought at all, it just popped into my head tonight at the gym.)

Definitely not.

Think of a bodybuilder who stops lifting, but keeps the same calorie intake. They will lose muscle mass due to atrophy, but gain fat due to caloriesin>caloriesout.

It's possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, it's just very hard...

Of course you are correct about gaining muscle while losing fat. You don't have much fat left, judging from your pictures . . . . . . . . there is a lot more muscle.

Your thought is interesting to me. I have noticed that when fat and obese people lose weight, they tend to have a great deal of muscle underneath it all. Especially in their thighs and calves. I think the muscles develop from carrying all the fat around. Isn't that a trip.

Moon_face.gif.e195bc24b3af237bd1b69dabef1bbd27.gif

it seems like when people gain fat they always gain an amount of muscle. a swedish study publiced like 2 years ago showed people eating nothing but fast food for 4 weeks and avoiding physical training. one guy gained 14 kgs in three weeks, 2 of those kgs were pure muscle. 2kgs in three weeks!! i would like to be able to do that

I wouldn't try the fast food. Too much fat. You are trim and healthy.

There is a lot of protein in the crap foods that people eat and the body will use those proteins to build muscle, organs, tissues. But it is not good construction of the body on account of the fats, adulterants, additives and other pernicious pollutants in that food. In the end, the muscle that they build is defective and they are creating a host of diseases for themselves. They devolve into suffering and fall prey to the medical men.

You are in much better shape. Eat organic. Eat natural. Stay vegan, if you are one.

ast012.gif.062a741a47357b7d503ca17a41ea2f1c.gif

Recent computerized photographic depiction of what it will look like when stellar energy from upper atmospheres begins to combust excessive human fats on earth.

That's a big job. Stay healthy and be careful.

Orange_stars.gif.e19ce18449410d9a7ca6e851d321311e.gif

Computerized graphic of xjohanx solving the muscle/fat conundrum which has plagued mankind.

Sounds like you want to be able to put muscle on without having to work for it. I was going to say that eating is not a job, but for someone who is bulking, it can be an annoying chore (alias work!). Good luck in your endeavor. I have found only hard work makes muscle that is solid and pleasing to look at. And it is hard work to figure out your own body's genetics. What to eat. When to eat. How to train your body. How to shape it into what you want. Work, work, work. To a true artist, it is all worth it. Mmmmmm.

it seems like when people gain fat they always gain an amount of muscle. a swedish study publiced like 2 years ago showed people eating nothing but fast food for 4 weeks and avoiding physical training. one guy gained 14 kgs in three weeks, 2 of those kgs were pure muscle. 2kgs in three weeks!! i would like to be able to do that

Haven't you seen "Super Size Me"? If not, you better rent it before you think this is a good idea...