Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Vegan Mac Danzig vs. Clay Guida
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:13 pm 
Manatee

tomorrow (wednesday) UFC Fight Night, Spike TV (8pm ET/PT)! I believe Mac and Clay are scheduled to be the second-to-last fight. This is a huge fight for Mac, the UFC is giving him one of the best lightweights in an already stacked division as his second UFC fight. A lot of people don't think he's ready for Guida yet, but he's got a long (and mostly victorious) record in other fight leagues. If Mac beats Guida, consensus is that he'll be in line for a title fight (how cool would it be to have a vegan as the lightweight UFC champion?). If he loses, it'll be a step back, but certainly not the end of his career in the UFC.

Who's going to watch? What are your thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Vegan Mac Danzig vs. Clay Guida
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

I can't wait! I really want to see this! Mac rules!!!!!!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm 
Elephant

i'm siked. however i'm going to watch this on friday cause i have to learn the periodic table before than.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:48 pm 
Elephant

double post

Last edited by xjohanx on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:19 pm 
Gorilla

i don't see why this fight is not the main event. on a poll, most people were looking forward to this fight more than the others that night. and they should be... what's not to love about this match up? Clay Guida?! Mac Danzig?! this has fight of the night written all over it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:51 pm 
Manatee

ronnie kray wrote:
i don't see why this fight is not the main event. on a poll, most people were looking forward to this fight more than the others that night. and they should be... what's not to love about this match up? Clay Guida?! Mac Danzig?! this has fight of the night written all over it.

I agree. My only guess is that they want Mac to prove himself in the big leagues a little more with this fight before giving him too much spotlight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:05 pm 
Elephant

I can't wiat to see this fight. My family is going to think I'm nuts watching Ultimate Fighter,lol. I've never seen Mac Danzig fight, so I'll enjoy seeing him for the first time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:20 pm 
Elephant

UPDATE REMINDER FIGHT IS TOMORROW NIGHT!!!! WED NIGHT 17

check out www,UFC.com for all the info!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:19 am 
Elephant

Mac Danzig looked out of breath. I realize you can eat all the vegan diet you want but if you are not in complete shape does not matter how much technique and strength you have. Good job anyway. I hope to see him come strong next time. Go cadio!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:14 am 
Elephant

honestly the right person won, no doubt. but i don't think it was an interesting fight at all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:20 am 
Elephant

Video here:

http://www.mmashare.com/clay-guida-vs-m ... t2531.html

Pretty decent picture quality.

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:29 am 
Site Admin

I was watching at a sports bar and was nervous and yelling at the TV. I think Mac looked fine from the get-go, got a couple of good hits in and then he just got trapped up against the cage and couldn't get out.

It was pretty frustrating to watch. He was visibly frustrated, tired, and breathing very heavy. I still thought he was going to pull it out in the end with a submission hold or escape the wall and just pound Guida.

I have long hair now and I don't know how Guida fights with hair in his face! It's crazy! He is a wild man and was just all over the place and Mac didn't keep up with the pace as well as he would have liked.

I'm always proud of Mac, no matter what he does, wins or loses. He's such a great guy.

The main event was super exciting! That fight was fun, high energy and both guys were fast, full of kicks and punches.

I would have liked to see some people get knocked out or submitted but for their sake, maybe it's best they all ended in a decision rather than one fighter getting devastated or pummeled.

Next time Mac Daddy! You're the Man!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:49 pm 
Manatee

RAINRA wrote:
Mac Danzig looked out of breath. I realize you can eat all the vegan diet you want but if you are not in complete shape does not matter how much technique and strength you have. Good job anyway. I hope to see him come strong next time. Go cadio!

Mac is in "complete shape." Do you realize how well conditioned you have to be to go three rounds with Clay Guida? The guy could wear out a horse.

Mac looked good I thought, he lost to a really good fighter in a close fight. He threw an awesome front thrust kick that almost ended the fight at one point, I'm not sure if he just missed the kick (it looked like it landed) or what. And I'm sure he'll go back to training and work on whatever he feels he needs to work on and be even better next time he steps into the cage. I hope he fights again soon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:52 pm 
Elephant

RAINRA wrote:

I think that this was a wake up call for Danzig. He faced a really good guy even by UFC standards. Probably the only other guy was the Hayato Sakurai fight. So I think that he will most definately come back quite awake and ready. Some thing else that I noticed about danzig, he didnt elbow everything in sight, like he normally does. I definately saw chances throughout the fight. Maybe he just wasnt himself last night.

ON a side note , clay must have been sooo proud of his brother last night on the ultimate fighter. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

damdaman wrote:
RAINRA wrote:

Mac is in "complete shape." Do you realize how well conditioned you have to be to go three rounds with Clay Guida? The guy could wear out a horse.

Mac looked good I thought, he lost to a really good fighter in a close fight. He threw an awesome front thrust kick that almost ended the fight at one point, I'm not sure if he just missed the kick (it looked like it landed) or what. And I'm sure he'll go back to training and work on whatever he feels he needs to work on and be even better next time he steps into the cage. I hope he fights again soon.

I saw that kick and thought it was the start of something great and then Guida countered with a punch that landed immediately. I was pumped with the kick hit because I thought that would knock Guida back and Mac would dominate. I think it landed but maybe not very hard. I think it was just a frustrating match all around for Mac...he'll be back strong and do very well in the future.

Next time Mac Daddy!

Cheers to Guida, great endurance and solid performance.