Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Vegan Mac Danzig vs. Clay Guida
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:47 pm 
Elephant

I do realize what it takes to fight. I have been watching ufc since day one... when it was over in Jersey. I also have don some conditioning like that my self a few times but have as intense and it kicked my a**. I am no expert but I know enough to understand when a fighter is tired. He looked tired second and specially 3rd round. It is also demoralizing and frustrating when you can't find a way in to beat your opponent and he keeps coming at you. I wish I had his cardio but in oder to be on top you really need to go beyond shape you need to train like your running an ultramarathon. You have to go in knowing your cadio is going to destroy your rivals cardio. He Knew Guida was great on cardio and energy. Your mouth should not be open gasping for big breaths of air in which he was. That means you exerting a lot of energy to fight. He is an excellent fighter and I am a big fan. Just did not see Danzig at his best like he did on Ultimate fighter or in King of the Cage. Usually that is how it goes you can go into a fight and have not such a good night and it can be a matter of winning or loosing. It was a bad night for Danzig. The loss usually pumps you up to get back and wreck damage on future opponents. I look forward to seeing Danzig fight again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:58 pm 
Manatee

Perhaps Danzig can't get enough protein from his diet . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:52 pm 
Elephant

What the!!!! Hilary r serious .... are there is protein in a Vegan diet... oh my wow.... then maybe I will be ok after all. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:20 am 
Gorilla

well i missed the whole thing, the fights and the first episode of the ultimate fighter, because i work til midnite. i already know the results, but i am gonna try to catch the encore on saturday. and i will also watch that link, thanks tuc.

there is no shame in losing to Clay Guida. the guy's a warhorse, he's a machine. extremely talented and experienced, he's got over 30 fights as a professional. best of all, he's always humble. i haven't seen the fight yet, but i bet he had nothing but good things to say about Mac Danzig in his post fight interview. i'm a fan of both these guys, and will watch anytime they fight.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:27 am 
Site Admin

You're right. He was a complete class act, which I really appreciated. He had great things to say about Mac and even said he looked forward to watching Mac have a really bright future and great career and that he'll be back winning again immediately, etc.

Really cool to see.

I'm fairly "new" to this MMA and UFC stuff, etc. but I really like it now! I used to watch it like 10 years ago when I was a teenager and guys like Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn and Tank Abbot were popular :)

Mac drew me into it and now I really enjoy it and look forward to learning more.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:25 am 
Elephant

yeah I started watching with all those guys. At UFC one till it was banned. I was like damn those guys are out of their mind!
That is why I think people got to respect those guys because those guys did not have weight class or really many rules or regulations that was plain suicide.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:57 pm 
Elephant

I saw the fight, and I thought it was pretty good. Clay seemed a bit more brutal, and I think that's probably why he won. But Mac hung in there until the very end. Clay seemed like a pretty good guy too, he said a lot of nice things about Mac at the end of the fight. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:00 pm 
Rabbit

you know people were dissin' mac like crazy on the sherdog.com forums and i actually got drawn into it. some people just seem to bust chops on vegans but others seem to really hate on vegans!

i, for one, try to minimize if not eliminate hatred from my lifestyle.

anyhoo, excellent posts here on this fight which, imo, was an all-out war.

first off, as posted earlier, imo clay should get props for the W. i was rooting for mac all the way but i like clay, too.

hey man, he stood up and banged with mac, took some solid shots plus he pushed the pace frenetically, and had good sub defense, too. and after the fight he was respectful and a good dude. the bottom line is neither guy could finish each other (belcher vs herman and diaz vs neer were similar).

personally, i kinda like knockouts or tapouts but sometimes it's real close.

i'm proud of mac, he stayed in it and even though he came up short as i have said before he is still an excellent inspiration to many including me

p

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:45 am 
Elephant

I always like to think you eat the animal and you make it suffer but at the end it will come back to kill you. So payback is a bi###. Mac is the man. I hope eat gets his fury back and kicks some but. The biggest problem is fighters fight only about 2 to 3 times in a years. I would be more fun to see more of MAC.

I would just ignore all the ignorant keyboard commandos over on Sherdog, they argue with out knowing the real truth. Like some important officials claim that they don't believe in global warming. Global warming is not a religion it is no based on faith or opinion. Global warming is a fact. Tons of scientific data out. Not knowing makes you look dumb.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:50 am 
Gorilla

anywhere outside a couple of the training forums on sherdog is mostly trolls and right-wing nutcases.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:29 pm 
Gorilla

sinisterkungfu wrote:
anywhere outside a couple of the training forums on sherdog is mostly trolls and right-wing nutcases.

agreed. sherdog is a great place to get MMA news, but the forums are just terrible, full of trolls and lots of dumb jr high style name calling. you'll notice you don't hear the professionals blaming Mac's diet for his loss. just those nutcases on the forums.

Guida is a class act. can't say anything bad about the guy. like i said before, i look forward to seeing both of them fight in the future. i know Mac will come back strong, like after his loss to Hayato Sakurai, he came back to win the Ultimate Fighter. he'll be back in the win column in no time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:31 pm 
Gorilla

It was a pretty technical fight overall. Guida's strategy worked and Mac's didn't. Guida won by taking Mac down and controlling him. He never really tried to finish the fight. Mac's stand-up was a lot better than Clay's. When it went to the ground, Guida just wore him down. That dude's just relentless and Mac got frustrated which wasted more of his energy. Mac tried some submissions and was countering well from his back, but unless you tap the guy, that won't win many, if any, points. It was a close fight, despite Joe Rogans commentating.

In the long run, I think this loss will be better for Mac than if he had won. Guida's the gatekeeper for the upper echelon in the LW's. Mac will have to learn to fight guys like Guida, 'cause there are a bunch more of 'em a little higher up the ladder.

I like both fighters a lot. Guida's got class and his fights are never boring. Mac'll be back! :boxer:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

Good commentary on that.

I get pretty annoyed when people "blame" 'vegan' diet for loss but never give it credit for success. I'm referring to mainstream people in this case. They are quick to over-look it as being a positive but will exploit is as a negative when a competitor on a plant-based diet loses or performs poorly, regardless of their previous success or track record.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1