EliteXC Champ, KJ Noons, stripped of belt

ronnie kray

K.J. NOONS STRIPPED OF ELITEXC LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE

“The foremost reason EliteXC is taking this action, Lappen said, was due to Noons’ reluctance to defend against leading 160-pound contender Nick Diaz of Stockton, Calif."

“I don’t understand why he would turn down a chance to be a headliner on CBS on Oct. 4. KJ then turned down the fight again when we offered him a headlining spot on our next SHOWTIME date against Nick."

“It’s a very unfortunate situation but we cannot have belt-holders who refuse to fight the top contenders. We want champions who will fight anyone, anytime, anyplace. That’s the mentality all champions should have".

KJ Noons side of the story

“It is not about being scared to fight Diaz, who I previously defeated...

...they are paying Diaz three times more money than me... Nick Diaz is not the number one contender. Elite XC is trying to force this fight for their ratings. Eddie Alvarez is the number one contender and anybody with half a brain knows that..."

I’m not ducking Diaz, why the hell would I be scared of someone I already beat? they want me to fight a guy i already defeated in the 1st round, but they want to pay me 3 times less than they are paying him".

"I am the defending world champ, I have been the main event for Elite XC three out of four times on Showtime. In almost two years I have made approximately $83,000.

Nick Diaz received $60,000 off of just one fight, against Thomas Denny, and complained he was not paid enough. How do you think that made me feel?".

Edited by ronnie kray

Wow.....it is important to see both sides of the story, as displayed in this case.

Thoughts on this?

I don't know Noons, but I watched Diaz fight this week. He won a close one over Neer I believe.

Unfortunately, "everything" is about $$$$$. From ratings to contracts, to payouts to athletes to sponsorships and endorsements, etc.

I hope both sides can find ways to win.

I don't know Noons, but I watched Diaz fight this week. He won a close one over Neer I believe.

umm... actually that was Nick's brother, Nate Diaz, that fought Josh Neer. though Nick was in the corner. if you hear the post fight interview, you can hear Nate say something like "someone needs to fight my brother for the title, stop being a weak ass punk". he was talking to KJ Noons.

there is a big feud between Noons and the Diaz brothers. and Noons seems to believe that Elite is favoring Nick Diaz over him, despite him being the champ. that was another one of KJ's complaints about the company. "how about when Elite XC brought Diaz into the ring after my last victory in Hawaii to disrespect me and my family".

check out this clip to see what he was talking about.

• 2 months later...