what your daily meals look like?

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

offense74
Elephant

Re: what your daily meals look like?

#16 Postby offense74 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:38 pm

xjohanx wrote:
offense74 wrote:I'm McDougalling hardcore style right now and it feels awesome :D

Cool!
I go real high on the starch and low in fat but I eat a ton of protein so I'm def not McDougalling.
Love my rice, potatoes, millet, buckwheat and legumes :D
Do you find it hard to get enough selenium in your diet? I can't get enough if I don't eat rice, aubergines, lentils and/or mushrooms. Americans (jänkare) have it good with their damn selenium rich soils but Swedish soil sucks.

Well, I cheat by having a multivitamin a day (MittVal Vegetarian) which has selenium. I also checked on the cron-o-meter and saw that with the current diet I need to eat 1/2 tablespoon of flax to get over 1.6g ALA, so I add that to a green smoothie in the morning. Eating starches makes me feel good and I also get more energy in my workouts and it's hard to overeat when you don't add fat, I just don't feel like overeating. I'll report how I feel when I've been on it for awhile. Experimenting is awesome :D
The surest road to happiness is low expectations.

xjohanx
Elephant

#17 Postby xjohanx » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:45 am

I also do a lot better on a starch focused diet than on a eat-to-live kinda diet where I focused more on the veggies and fruits. I migth start to supplement with selenium because it's a fucking hassle if you want to buy local produce :(
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

offense74
Elephant

#18 Postby offense74 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:12 am

I've tried to up my "locality" too. Eating spelt instead of rice, eating potatoes, mashed rutabaga, cooked carrots and alike. I don't eat out often so I try to almost exclusively eat organic. Building a better world feels just as good as building good fitness.
I also bought a 100% hemp shirt the other day and love it. Yeah, I'm becoming a fucking hippie :lachmal:
The surest road to happiness is low expectations.

Adena
Gorilla

#19 Postby Adena » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:28 pm

xjohanx wrote:I also do a lot better on a starch focused diet than on a eat-to-live kinda diet where I focused more on the veggies and fruits. I migth start to supplement with selenium because it's a fucking hassle if you want to buy local produce :(

Did you know that there's a ton of selenium in Brazil nuts? Like, you should only eat one Brazil nut a day and consider it your "selenium supplement;" any more and you might OD!

Adena
Gorilla

#20 Postby Adena » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:32 pm

Ok, my usual daily diet is not quite as health conscious as the rest of you, but I'm working on it. I also need more calories in general because I'm trying to power lift and I need MORE POWER! Haha. Ok:

Breakfast: large helping of oatmeal with peanut butter, milled flaxseed, and brown sugar, because I'm sooo healthy... :augenroller:

Snack: Carrot sticks and almonds, or a piece of fruit and almonds

Lunch: something based on whole grains and legums with a side of veggies. Today It was my attempt at Indian influenced stuff. So I had quinoa with chickpeas, and kind of Indian-ish spices, and plain brussels sprouts on the side.

Snack: Peanut butter sandwich on homemade whole wheat bread

Supper: Haven't decided yet, but again kind of a repeat of lunch, with a lot of emphasis on whole grains, legumes, and veggies. Probably a soy milk smoothie with fruit, cinnamon, and ginger, and NO SUGAR, FATTIE. Yeah. That's me talking to myself.

Tweedle
Rabbit

#21 Postby Tweedle » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 am

my body won't tolerate a full meal at breakfast, it makes me feel bloated and uncomfortable all day, so I usually do something like this:

breakfast: is usually either about a half piece of toast with some peanut butter with a few strawberries or grapes, and a glass of soymilk or something comparable.

snack: a banana, lots of water and maybe more fruit, possibly a handful of nuts, raisins..

lunch: a huuuge smoothie with soymilk, a large banana, about 1.5 cups of strawberries with .5 cup of pineapple sometimes with some blueberries or mango, too.

I usually train a few hours after lunch so I don't eat anything after lunch,
and after I train I usually eat a Clif bar or something.

then I eat a large dinner with the majority of it being leafy greens like spinach, always a couple carrots, some broccoli, and some other veggie that I like to change up. I eat all my veggies RAW because I don't see a point to eating them cooked since it destroys almost all nutritional value... but sometimes I find broccoli a little dry, so I dip it in some veganaise or Organicville non-dairy ranch :)
I usually pair this with some type of protein, usually it's some sort of tofu meat, or beans,or peanut butter, with some sort of grain like Ezekiel sprouted grains bread. I eat LOTS of alfalfa sprouts, too...

I eat a snack an hour or two before bed because I cannot handle going to bed with an empty stomach... it varies, but it usually consists of something like an apple dipped in peanut butter (and btw, I NEVER eat the mainstream peanut butter that contains sugars and oils... I only get the stuff made at the organic store that's 100% peanuts) or I eat a Larabar and some grapes or an orange, etc.

:)

BlueRose
Gorilla

#22 Postby BlueRose » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:25 pm

I eat local and/or organic and shop at Whole Foods plus get fruit and veggie delivery from Boston Organics.

Sample day for me:

Breakfast: 1 scoop vanilla chai Vega Whole Foods Optimizer, half a banana, one cup chocolate light soymilk in a blender

Snack: 1 serving quinoa tabouli (big chunks of cucumber and roma tomatoes, OM NOM NOM)

Lunch: 1/2 spinach, 1/2 spring mix with diced cucumbers, diced baked tomato-basil tofu, fat free balsamic vinagrette and two slices of cheddar rice cheese in a lo-carb pita wrap

Snack: 1 Boca burger with cheddar rice cheese melted on top

Dinner: 1/2 serving quinoa and either another Boca patty or veg chic with rice cheese wrapped in romaine lettuce with a bit of vegenaise

Yes, I'm on a weight loss program. :) Until my metabolism gets back up to at least second gear this is where I'm at. I'm currently dropping inches but no weight--that's a familiar refrain I hear everywhere, so I'm not going to panic over it and will be taking my own advice and KEEPING IT UP!
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com

Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”