Has anyone tried a rebounder?

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

RageForYoLife
Finch

Has anyone tried a rebounder?

#1 Postby RageForYoLife » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:14 pm

I was recently given a rebounder (mini trampoline) by a friend. I did some research online about rebounders and have read they provide a full-body workout, that not only are rebounders great for cardio/aerobic exercise, but also for full-body muscle toning (due to working against gravity with each jump, supposedly all muscles tense each time.) I decided to give it a go today following a lifting session. I only jumped for 20 minutes, alternating between jogging on the rebounder and jumping. When I completed the 20 minutes, my arms were shaking like I had just had a second lifting session! It was crazy! Could the rebounder have activated my arm muscles that much?

I'd love to hear anyone's opinions and/or experiences with using a rebounder. Thanks!

beforewisdom
Stegosaurus

Re: Has anyone tried a rebounder?

#2 Postby beforewisdom » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:09 pm

I read the title and thought you meant dating someone too soon after a breakup :)

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

RageForYoLife
Finch

#3 Postby RageForYoLife » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:36 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

xjohanx
Elephant

#4 Postby xjohanx » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:48 pm

beforewisdom wrote:I read the title and thought you meant dating someone too soon after a breakup :)

+1
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

Barb
Rabbit

#5 Postby Barb » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:34 am

beforewisdom wrote:I read the title and thought you meant dating someone too soon after a breakup :)

:lol: That is so funny. I have a rebounder and was wondering how good it is for getting me in shape for running again. I just graduated nursing school and this past year I have gotten a bit out of shape. So so busy. I should have fit the time in but anyway.... I want to know also if anyone has used one consistantly.

VibrantVegan
Rabbit

#6 Postby VibrantVegan » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:15 am

Unless you were holding on to a stabilization bar there is no way physiologically the rebounder would have worked your arms to the degree you described. Rebounders are great for cardio though.
Vibrant Vegan |vībrənt vēgən|:
One who is full of life, energetic, joyously enthusiastic and exuberantly healthy as a result of engaging in pleasurable, daily exercise and fueling their bodies with only healthy plant-based foods.
www.VibrantVegan.com

Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”