How does it build muscles?

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

erikjacobs
Finch

How does it build muscles?

#1 Postby erikjacobs » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:56 am

Can anybody explain me how can I build muscles. I have gone to many health clubs but not found any good result. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

beforewisdom
Stegosaurus

Re: How does it build muscles?

#2 Postby beforewisdom » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:00 am

Your muscles will grow if you

1. Provide them with adequate stimulation
2. Provide them with adequate nutrition, particularly enough protein and enough calories
3. Provide them with adequate rest - between workouts and regular, adequate sleep.

If your muscles aren't growing or growing fast enough you need to improve upon at least one of these areas.

This site is a great place to get videos of how to perform exercises. It also has a great selection of how-to books for many athletic pursuits. The books are easy to read, but based on really good information:

http://www.exrx.net/

This link will point you vegan nutrition information by reliable sources of information:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13710

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

caira111
Finch

#3 Postby caira111 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:24 pm

To be honest it will take time. you at least have to work 1 years to get a nice bod with proper routine and diet. I will suggest you to do about 140 setups every night. Do about 140 reps of your dumbbells. And 140 press ups.

acesfull
Rabbit

#4 Postby acesfull » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:43 pm

beforewisdom wrote:Your muscles will grow if you

1. Provide them with adequate stimulation
2. Provide them with adequate nutrition, particularly enough protein and enough calories
3. Provide them with adequate rest - between workouts and regular, adequate sleep.

If your muscles aren't growing or growing fast enough you need to improve upon at least one of these areas.

This site is a great place to get videos of how to perform exercises. It also has a great selection of how-to books for many athletic pursuits. The books are easy to read, but based on really good information:

http://www.exrx.net/

This link will point you vegan nutrition information by reliable sources of information:

http://veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/vie ... =6&t=13710

everything bw mentioned, plus patience and determination. :mrgreen:
“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”
~Teilhard de Chardin

I'm Your Man
Elephant

#5 Postby I'm Your Man » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 pm

erikjacobs wrote:Can anybody explain me how can I build muscles.
Push, pull, lift weights, run, strike, sweat, work hard and then work harder, eat, drink, sleep, rest, determination, patience, concentration, have no limit... :)
"Do your best, don't worry, be happy" - Meher Baba

Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”