Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pro Wrestling appreciation thread.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:02 pm 
Manatee

I have seen there are some fans on here and i know Rob is down. I think pro-wrestling is like alcoholism: oncce you become one you are one for the rest of your life (even if you quit). i started liking WWF when i was 6 or 7, just before wrestlemania 2. Fan for years, then stopped watching it once it became a cable only show (didn't have cable). then got back into it in 97 or so when the Rock and Stone Cold were big and ECW was taking the world by storm. Lately i have started watching it again. It helps to have Tivo to ff past all the bullsh*t (there is plenty of it) and watch the wreslters i like such as Kurt Angle, Chris Masters, and to a lesser extent Carlito. I know its dorky, but its good entertainment and the story lines are usually better than what passes for a sitcom these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:49 pm 
Gorilla

I've been watching pretty much just as long, only I never really stopped, except for a year when I was at college and didn't have tv at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:58 am 
Rabbit

I love pro-wrestling! It's my life!

Any fantastic technical wrestler is great in my book. People who can read the crowd, pace a match and don't revolve around high spots, like Kurt Angle, Triple H and the ever so excellent Chris Benoit. :D

http://www.myspace.com/crobarcronin

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forum/

http://Brandon--C.bebo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:06 am 
Site Admin

I am finding the alternative wrestling shows to have much better wrestlers these days. Ring of Honor, Total Non-stop Action (TNA), EZW, they have great matches with wrestlers like AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Loki, Christopher Daniels, Sabu, Jodie Fleish, Johnny Storm... So many big moves. I recently saw a double moonsault off the top of the cage, it was ridiculous (he did a moonsault, but flipped twice instead of once)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:28 am 
Elephant

Brock Lesnar is the man and my goal for now. The Next Big Thing (maybe I shouldn't say thay since the WWE and him are not getting along)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 pm 
Gorilla

In the immortal words of Jon Stewart:

"To say CNN's Crossfire is a show about debate is like saying pro wrestling is a show about athletic competition."

I can't help myself. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:20 am 
Elephant

I'm an 'OGWF' (Original Gangster Wrestling Fan (random Tool reference):
"Polish Power" Ivan Putski
Chief Jay Strongbow
Andre the Giant
Bob Baclyn
Jimmy Superfly Snooka
Iron Sheik
George the Animal Steele

LOVED/HATED those guys, but always watched. Back then, it was still a ?? about whether or not it was "real". I was about 7 or 8, so I was on the "Real" team. Back then you could also copy the moves without breaking your neck. Dropkicks, sunset flips, careful with that piledriver!

I'd consume the WWF every Saturday morning and wash it down with some Creature Double Feature oldskool monster movies (when the monsters were guys in costumes). Anyone remember that? I don't know if that was a Boston thing or not.

Anyway, got back into it a bit during Hulkamania. Then back into it again with Rock and Cold Stone, but never quite like the old days when their was the suspension of disbelief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:03 pm 
Elephant

i dislike wrestling.

although my family doctor back home in PA works for the WWE as their main doctor dude. he has all these wrestler costumes hanging at his practice. its kinda rad i guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:30 pm 
Gorilla

I just received and watched Robert's Vegan Fitness Built Naturally video. I didn't realize how big a pro wrestling fan he is/was. Another proverbial "foot in the mouth"... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:35 pm 
Gorilla

id have to say ECW was my favorite. look at how many wrestlers came out of that federation. eddie guerreo, rey mysterio, Rob Van Dam, the dudley boys, chris jericho, stone cold steve austin, taz, raven, tajiri, super crazy, cactus jack/mankind, SABU!, we could go on and on.

R.I.P. LATINO HEAT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

ECW rocked back in the day. Are they back up again?

After 2001 when I didn't get hired by the WWF, I had a hard time watching it and haven't paid much attention to pro wrestling over the past half decade.

I do remember ECW rocking and really enjoying their federation.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:45 am 
Gorilla

robert wrote:
ECW rocked back in the day. Are they back up again?

After 2001 when I didn't get hired by the WWF, I had a hard time watching it and haven't paid much attention to pro wrestling over the past half decade.

I do remember ECW rocking and really enjoying their federation.

I wouldn't say ECW is back up. WWE owns the name and all the tape library, and they ran an ECW:One Night Stand PPV last year and are planning on doing another one this year. It's assumed that Rob Van Dam will cash in his recently earned Money In The Bank title shot at the PPV which should be in June I think.
TNA has a bunch of ECW guys under contract now, so we won't be seeing the Dudley Boys, Sabu, Shane Douglas, Raven, Rhino, James 'Sinister Minister' Mitchell, or a few others there though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:37 pm 
Gorilla

just watching some hilights from TNA's Lockdown PPV. two words:

HOLY SHIT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:35 am 
Gorilla

Correction on my last post.
It looks like ECW actually is coming back as a separate brand under the WWE umbrella. For now it seems they're going to film it before Smackdown and air it in place of Velocity on WWE.com and probably ECW.com. They've already signed Sabu to a contract and are working on picking up a bunch of former ECW guys like Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten. There's going to be a WWE vs. ECW special on the USA network sometime before the next One Night Stand PPV in June as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:47 pm 
Rabbit

sinisterkungfu wrote:
Correction on my last post.
It looks like ECW actually is coming back as a separate brand under the WWE umbrella. For now it seems they're going to film it before Smackdown and air it in place of Velocity on WWE.com and probably ECW.com. They've already signed Sabu to a contract and are working on picking up a bunch of former ECW guys like Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten. There's going to be a WWE vs. ECW special on the USA network sometime before the next One Night Stand PPV in June as well.

Don't believe the internet dirtsheets man! :wink:
If ECW returns, other than its annual, One Night Stand PPV, I will eat my sock.

http://www.myspace.com/crobarcronin

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forum/

http://Brandon--C.bebo.com