Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:20 am 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:42 pm
Posts: 533
BrandonC wrote:
sinisterkungfu wrote:
Correction on my last post.
It looks like ECW actually is coming back as a separate brand under the WWE umbrella. For now it seems they're going to film it before Smackdown and air it in place of Velocity on WWE.com and probably ECW.com. They've already signed Sabu to a contract and are working on picking up a bunch of former ECW guys like Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten. There's going to be a WWE vs. ECW special on the USA network sometime before the next One Night Stand PPV in June as well.


Don't believe the internet dirtsheets man! :wink:
If ECW returns, other than its annual, One Night Stand PPV, I will eat my sock.


It's already pretty much a done deal.
Joey Styles 'quit' last night and they're bringing Jim Ross back next week as lead announcer. Styles will be announcing for the new ECW. As I said before, Sabu is already signed to a contract specifically for ECW. The WWE vs. ECW special on USA Network has already been officially announced.
I hope you enjoy the taste of sock. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:04 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 134
Location: Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland
sinisterkungfu wrote:
BrandonC wrote:
sinisterkungfu wrote:
Correction on my last post.
It looks like ECW actually is coming back as a separate brand under the WWE umbrella. For now it seems they're going to film it before Smackdown and air it in place of Velocity on WWE.com and probably ECW.com. They've already signed Sabu to a contract and are working on picking up a bunch of former ECW guys like Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten. There's going to be a WWE vs. ECW special on the USA network sometime before the next One Night Stand PPV in June as well.


Don't believe the internet dirtsheets man! :wink:
If ECW returns, other than its annual, One Night Stand PPV, I will eat my sock.


It's already pretty much a done deal.
Joey Styles 'quit' last night and they're bringing Jim Ross back next week as lead announcer. Styles will be announcing for the new ECW. As I said before, Sabu is already signed to a contract specifically for ECW. The WWE vs. ECW special on USA Network has already been officially announced.
I hope you enjoy the taste of sock. :lol:


I knew about the WWE Vs. ECW special. But I still really doubt that ECW will return FULL time. Even if it does, its still gonna be ruined by the WWE.

_________________
The scar will become a symbol.

http://www.myspace.com/crobarcronin

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forum/

http://Brandon--C.bebo.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:46 am 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:42 pm
Posts: 533
BrandonC wrote:
sinisterkungfu wrote:
BrandonC wrote:
sinisterkungfu wrote:
Correction on my last post.
It looks like ECW actually is coming back as a separate brand under the WWE umbrella. For now it seems they're going to film it before Smackdown and air it in place of Velocity on WWE.com and probably ECW.com. They've already signed Sabu to a contract and are working on picking up a bunch of former ECW guys like Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten. There's going to be a WWE vs. ECW special on the USA network sometime before the next One Night Stand PPV in June as well.


Don't believe the internet dirtsheets man! :wink:
If ECW returns, other than its annual, One Night Stand PPV, I will eat my sock.


It's already pretty much a done deal.
Joey Styles 'quit' last night and they're bringing Jim Ross back next week as lead announcer. Styles will be announcing for the new ECW. As I said before, Sabu is already signed to a contract specifically for ECW. The WWE vs. ECW special on USA Network has already been officially announced.
I hope you enjoy the taste of sock. :lol:


I knew about the WWE Vs. ECW special. But I still really doubt that ECW will return FULL time. Even if it does, its still gonna be ruined by the WWE.


It's planned to return full time, even so far as to going back to holding shows in the bingo hall. As far as it being ruined? I'm sure it will be. They'll probably do another crappy invasion angle. Judging by all the crotch chops lately, it looks like they're going to put DX back together too, probably just in time to be the WWE leaders against the ECW invasion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:11 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 134
Location: Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland
I am praying for a DX reunion!
Hopefully they'll turn Cena heel and Triple H face. They really need to do something about the amount of boos Cena is getting these days.

_________________
The scar will become a symbol.

http://www.myspace.com/crobarcronin

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forum/

http://Brandon--C.bebo.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:42 pm 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:42 pm
Posts: 533
BrandonC wrote:
I am praying for a DX reunion!
Hopefully they'll turn Cena heel and Triple H face. They really need to do something about the amount of boos Cena is getting these days.


Shawn is 40 and Triple H is 37 or 38 I think. I don't think they can pull off the "rebellious" DX attitude anymore.
Cena's been a little more over after his series of wins over HHH, than he was a couple months ago. I don't hear nearly as many boos from the crowd. I agree that he really does need a heel turn though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:51 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 134
Location: Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland
The fans have been booing Rey Mysterio as of late too. The fans dont know what they want anymore!!

_________________
The scar will become a symbol.

http://www.myspace.com/crobarcronin

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forum/

http://Brandon--C.bebo.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:33 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:17 pm
Posts: 2842
Location: Winnipeg
don't you think it's just boredom?

Cena is just the same old, same old everytime
getting kind of lame

The novelty of Mysterio is long worn off. How believable is it that he can be a title holder?

these guys are just plain boring!
in my humble opinion :wink:

_________________
What's the difference between boogers and broccoli ?
-Kids don't eat broccoli.
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:48 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 134
Location: Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland
JW wrote:
How believable is it that he can be a title holder?


How believable is it that the Undertaker is a deadman? How believable is it that Austin got away with doing all that crap to Vince without getting fired?
Wrestling is about throwing reality out the window and getting caught up in the action. I think it is just poor booking on WWEs part. Rey mysterio wouldn't be World Champ today if Eddie Guerrero was still alive, I know its not a good thing to say, but its the truth.

_________________
The scar will become a symbol.

http://www.myspace.com/crobarcronin

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forum/

http://Brandon--C.bebo.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:35 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:17 pm
Posts: 2842
Location: Winnipeg
this is true..... when you get right down to it, it's all quite unbelievable.
However,while we all know it's a bunch of crap, you can't take it too far!
The WWE does this way too often. Even though it is staged, you can't stray too far from plausibility or the fans will rebel.
I think some characters can get away with it due to their charisma (Undertaker is still kind of cool)

Mysterio to me is nothing more than a novelty. Something to joke about. (how he could possibly beat someone like the big show)
For him to CONSISENTLY win and hold the title is just taking it too far. A couple times is funny and novel but all the time...give me a break!!!

Cena can pull it off with his stature and athleticism but he's become pretty boring. I agree, they have to turn him heel.

_________________
What's the difference between boogers and broccoli ?
-Kids don't eat broccoli.
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:11 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 134
Location: Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Cena pulls off being a babyface BRILLIANTLY!! He plays up to the kids more than the smart fans. He is NOT a good wrestler, but a great character.


Oh just to let you all know. The new season of IwW Whiplash is gonna be airing pretty soon on TWC over here in the UK & Ireland. It is the company I am involved in. I know Rob wanted me to let him know about the new season. If your not in Europe, you can still watch the episodes on the website http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/whiplashtv.html

Hope you all check it out!! :D

_________________
The scar will become a symbol.

http://www.myspace.com/crobarcronin

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forum/

http://Brandon--C.bebo.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:15 am 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:42 pm
Posts: 533
BrandonC wrote:
Cena pulls off being a babyface BRILLIANTLY!! He plays up to the kids more than the smart fans. He is NOT a good wrestler, but a great character.


Oh just to let you all know. The new season of IwW Whiplash is gonna be airing pretty soon on TWC over here in the UK & Ireland. It is the company I am involved in. I know Rob wanted me to let him know about the new season. If your not in Europe, you can still watch the episodes on the website http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/whiplashtv.html

Hope you all check it out!! :D


He is a good babyface, but I found him much more entertaining as a heel, when he was writing his own raps and using them to rip into whoever he was facing.
On an unrelated note, that Joey Styles promo Monday night was brilliant. They should let Styles (who wrote his own promo) work with the creative team, since they're not doing that great of a job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:13 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 134
Location: Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Looks like I'll be eating my sock :(

_________________
The scar will become a symbol.

http://www.myspace.com/crobarcronin

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forum/

http://Brandon--C.bebo.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:42 am 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:42 pm
Posts: 533
BrandonC wrote:
Looks like I'll be eating my sock :(


Confirmed signings for the new ECW:

Sabu, The Sandman, CW Anderson, Danny Doring, Francine, Tony Mamaluke, Jazz, Axl Rotten, and alls Mahoney

They are also expecting Terry Funk, Masato Tanaka, Tajiri, Lance Storm, Joel Gertner, and Mikey Whipwreck to come in and work on a part time basis.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:08 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 134
Location: Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Aftr tonights Raw, I am really feeling a DX reunion is around the corner! Should make for interesting TV in the coming weeks.

And in IwW news. The first taping of the new season of Whiplash took place this Sunday in Dublin and should be up on the website by next month. So keep a look out for it!

_________________
The scar will become a symbol.

http://www.myspace.com/crobarcronin

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forum/

http://Brandon--C.bebo.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:18 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21052
Location: Austin, TX
Cool man, I hope everything is great! I just hung out with a 16-year veteran of the WCW/WWF John Blake. I also met up wtih a Pro Wrestling announcer. They were at my bodybuilding contest.

Wow, I'm out of the loop. A DX reunion would be pretty awesome :)

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group