Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Danzig interview (admits unfocused training for Guida)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:14 pm 
Manatee

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/da ... reer-15472

Here's an excerpt (more at link)...

A winner of “The Ultimate Fighter 6” in 2007, Danzig saw it was time for a change. His methodology inside Xtreme Couture Mixed Martial Arts’ walls had become stagnant and he’d lost his thirst to train as hard as some of the other warriors inside Las Vegas’ most famous gym. Not that his training partners or the facility itself had become outdated by any means; Danzig admits he just wasn’t as focused or serious as he should have been, especially leading up to his most recent bout.

Last September, Danzig (18-5-1) dropped a unanimous decision to wrestler Clay Guida at UFC Fight Night 15 in Omaha, Neb.

“I was listening to my corner with their combinations, but I was throwing them like a robot and I got a little too anxious where I should have just relaxed and waited and then picked him apart,” Danzig said of Guida. “I should have let him shoot into one of my knees but instead I was throwing knees at the end of combinations after he was already backing up so, of course, the knee isn’t there and he would use that to get a takedown.”

His new baby has given Danzig the fire in his belly he needed though.

“I always train hard and I wasn’t sure if the fire was still there like it was (in the past),” he said. “But having this kid has changed me a lot. It’s given me a new perspective and has given me a whole lot of motivation to go in there and really do right by myself and my family and get the most out of my career. I’m starting to watch tapes again and really getting back into the whole mindset of combat, which I was getting a little tired of after a while. I’m ready to go and I got a new reason to fight.”

Post subject: Re: New Danzig interview (admits unfocused training for Guida)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:13 am 
Site Admin

Cool, thanks for posting this. I look forward to the Mac Attack in 09!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1