Sengoku

• 2 weeks later...

I was pretty impressed by Ronnie Mann and Nick Denis, but both will have their hands full in the quarter finals with Hioki and Marlon Sandro respectively. I think Omigawa will beat Nam Phan. Omigawa seems to have some serious bones to pick... and I'm predicting Jung over Kanehara (I don't think his win was that decisive).

Omigawa vs Hioki in the finals?

Great tournament so far. A lot better than Dream 7, even without Aoki...

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone on here saw any of Sengoku 8, but the FW tournament fights were pretty good. Omigawa was all over Nam Phan--that fight seemed to be stopped a bit early, but I don't think it would have changed much. Omigawa was still on a mission. Ronnie Mann started well but Hioki's triangle was beautiful. The Kanehara-Jung fight was the best of the fights for me, back and forth right to the end. I thought Kanehara won it, although I've read that Jung wasn't happy with the decision. Sandro was impressive too, for 19 seconds, and appears to have the heaviest hands of the bunch.

The non-tournament fights paled in comparison. The first two sucked. I didn't want to see the Bulgarian win after 3 low blows. Blanco threw away his KO victory with a Badr Hari-esque illegal soccer kick. Maybe that's too harsh an indictment, he probably just got excited.

I'm looking forward to the finals. Not sure if the match-ups have been set or not.