Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who is your favorite MMA Athlete?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:28 am 
Gorilla

Well I can totally see and understand why someone would hate Brock. I just don't. But I don't fault you for it either.

But I don't see how anyone could call Forrest "overrated". He's the underdog in nearly every fight he gets (in the fans' eyes, and on the sports betting websites). You can't be underrated and overrated at the same time.

The Rashad vs. Rampage fight isn't off. Dana said that if Rashad could beat Thiago Silva, then he'd be fighting Rampage next. He did beat him, so, unless Rampage backs out, I expect it will happen. It's tentatively scheduled for May.

Anderson Silva's next fight is defending the Middlewight belt against Vitor Belfort on April 10. Anderson plans to retire on his 35th birthday, which is April 14. So unless Shogun Rua is able to beat Machida on May 1, I doubt Anderson will be doing any more LHW fights. (If Rua beats Machida, I'd bet money that Anderson would come out of "retirement" to fight Rua for the 205 belt.)

"Kill! Kill! Multiply! 'Til the skies are black and the rivers dry!"
-Atreyu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:21 am 
Rampage will KO Rashad if they end up fighting.Rampage fought bad against Forrest and i still believe Rampage won.Shogun did a better job against Lyoto and he got robbed and yet Forrest can get dropped by an uppercut and near powerbombed to death if he didn't brace himself with his arm and took Rampages belt on leg kicks that didn't look near as hard as the ones Shogun used on Machida + the punches and body kicks he landed too.

Rashad was so lame against Thiago.All he did was wrestle Silva to the ground for 20 seconds at a time and not go for submissions or even try to land some punches.Then he was exposed in the 3rd and got clowned by a frustrated Thiago for not fighting.The last round should have been 10-8 because Rashad was getting smashed.If there was no judges it's obvious Thiago beat up Rashad.Rashad won't be able to take Rampage down like that and Rampage is going to KO him with punches.

The Stout vs Lauzon fight was awesome.I hated it when they fed Ludwig to Jim Miller.Miller is so underrated and Ludwig took that on short notice.Ludwig vs Sam Stout would be a great fight.Jim Miller should be up there with Kenny and Diego.

If Mac is not injured coming into 109 he should beat Bucholz within the 3 rounds.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:42 pm 
Elephant

Rob PMFF wrote:
Well I can totally see and understand why someone would hate Brock. I just don't. But I don't fault you for it either.

But I don't see how anyone could call Forrest "overrated". He's the underdog in nearly every fight he gets (in the fans' eyes, and on the sports betting websites). You can't be underrated and overrated at the same time.

The Rashad vs. Rampage fight isn't off. Dana said that if Rashad could beat Thiago Silva, then he'd be fighting Rampage next. He did beat him, so, unless Rampage backs out, I expect it will happen. It's tentatively scheduled for May.

Anderson Silva's next fight is defending the Middlewight belt against Vitor Belfort on April 10. Anderson plans to retire on his 35th birthday, which is April 14. So unless Shogun Rua is able to beat Machida on May 1, I doubt Anderson will be doing any more LHW fights. (If Rua beats Machida, I'd bet money that Anderson would come out of "retirement" to fight Rua for the 205 belt.)

goddammit I forgot the fights were on saturday night. Now I have to watch them on the internet. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:04 am 
Rabbit

Jens Pulver, Gray Maynard, Mac Danzig, Diego Sanchez, Matt Hughes, Jon Fitch, Chris Leben, Marcus Davis, Dan Hardy, Chun Lee, Forrest Griffin, Houston Alexander, James Irvin, Renato Babalu Sobral, Jeff Monson.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:17 pm 
Gorilla

gan_naire wrote:
Jens Pulver, Gray Maynard, Mac Danzig, Diego Sanchez, Matt Hughes, Jon Fitch, Chris Leben, Marcus Davis, Dan Hardy, Chun Lee, Forrest Griffin, Houston Alexander, James Irvin, Renato Babalu Sobral, Jeff Monson.

DAN HARDY!?!? BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:18 pm 
Elephant

Caution: Link contains results from last UFC ppv.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-ufcsilva041010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:42 pm 
Gorilla

pazios2002 wrote:
Caution: Link contains results from last UFC ppv.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-ufcsilva041010

Yeah, that was really bad.

"Kill! Kill! Multiply! 'Til the skies are black and the rivers dry!"
-Atreyu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:18 pm 
Gorilla

Think edgar bating penn means florian doesn't have to wait forever for another title shot? I bet florian can take edgar. As long as he doesn't try to box with him. (Ahem...)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:33 pm 
Gorilla

Jason X wrote:
Think edgar bating penn means florian doesn't have to wait forever for another title shot? I bet florian can take edgar. As long as he doesn't try to box with him. (Ahem...)

Florian has had 2 title shots. I think Joe Silva is going to look to give other people a shot first. I think Florian could win (and I'd love to see that), but I don't know if he could justify giving him a 3rd shot when other similarly ranked fighters haven't had one.

I don't know WTF happened with Anderson. I mean, seriously. I've never seen such a waste of talent. I think, as punishment for his WWE-like antics, he should be put up against Lesnar (after Lesnar fights Carwin). I mean, Brock got flack for his WWE-like smack-talking, but this was on a whole other level. Let Silva try to play air guitar with 300 pounds of angry wrestler in front of him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:27 pm 
Gorilla

medman wrote:
Jason X wrote:

Florian has had 2 title shots. I think Joe Silva is going to look to give other people a shot first. I think Florian could win (and I'd love to see that), but I don't know if he could justify giving him a 3rd shot when other similarly ranked fighters haven't had one.

I don't know WTF happened with Anderson. I mean, seriously. I've never seen such a waste of talent. I think, as punishment for his WWE-like antics, he should be put up against Lesnar (after Lesnar fights Carwin). I mean, Brock got flack for his WWE-like smack-talking, but this was on a whole other level. Let Silva try to play air guitar with 300 pounds of angry wrestler in front of him.

true, but florian has taken out every other person that would deserve a title shot! He's clear second in line, but couldn't beat penn. It'd be different if florian wasn't dominating everyone else in the weight class.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:38 pm 
Gorilla

Jason X wrote:

true, but florian has taken out every other person that would deserve a title shot! He's clear second in line, but couldn't beat penn. It'd be different if florian wasn't dominating everyone else in the weight class.

True, but that's precisely why they'll probably give the shot to others first. Let someone take the belt off Edgar, let Florian take the belt off that guy, and then give Penn a title shot vs Florian. That's probably what would make for an exciting progression of champions.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:48 pm 
Gorilla

yeah, that makes sense.

and I also wanted to say that after hardy fought gsp, and in the following days, my anger and near hatred for the guy has changed more into admiration. I think he's probably a cool dude. he's got heart and he's legit (i figured the punk thing was legit, but if he's recording with cock sparrer and sponsored by earache records, he's probably for real.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:16 am 
Elephant

medman wrote

Quote:

Yeah I have seen this idea alot around the internet. I would love to see this, but probably would not happen. Also alot of people are saying that he should fight Bones Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyA6e2OJqC8

and that is just light heavyweight. I would like to see this fight., The problem with Anderson is that his actions or lack of them at 112 doesnt negate that he is really that good. What usually happens is that his next fight will be a total destruction in about 1:00 minute. Now if they really wanted to give back to the fans, they would have him fight per round. the faster you win the more you get. I havent heard anything from GSP he was sitting at ringside. I think he was doing the french commentary. I would love to hear a transscript of that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:50 pm 
Gorilla

*what was Penn thinking... ?* sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cdJbztw3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lEUynhgMg8

The reason is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk?, but Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham 1748 - 1832

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:23 pm 
Gorilla

aluck wrote:
*what was Penn thinking... ?* sigh*

Judging by his actions, I'd say something along the lines of "I'm sleepy. When is this over?"

And pazios2002, I agree, I'd love to hear what GSP was saying. What angers me is that people (who don't understand wrestling) accuse him of "not doing much" in his fights, when in fact, he's working so hard from start to finish. It's just less eventful-looking because he completely neutralizes people. Silva was the one who showed what "not doing much" actually looks like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next