MMA Gloves

hello everybody,

its my first post so i'm really excited to be here on this awesome board....

i just wanted to ask if anybody knew what gloves mac danzig uses in ufc, since the official gloves are made from leather and definitly not vegan...i wanna get quality gloves for myself...so if anyone has suggestions for decent VEGAN gloves....

• 1 month later...

I dont think they use real leather for very many of the mma gloves. Im pretty sure its all man made. Granted there are some out there but im thinking it would be kinda expensive to make leather mma gloves considering they only use them once.

• 3 weeks later...

The ufc fight gloves are leather,i would hazard a guess that Mac just uses them as they are what availiable? it is much cheaper to make leather gloves due to amount of leather avaliable sadly.

UFC does make some vinyl copies of the fight glove they use,the are slightly different but very good.But these are not used in the offical fights.Maybe they did a special pair for Mac when he was fighting but i doubt it.Being in a combat sport gym you will often be around leather gear( kick pads,some bags,shin guards,gloves etc).thankfully a l,ot more companies are making non leather training gear these days .

In my experience the majority of mma gloves are leather,there is a post on this forum with links to non leather mma gloves.

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

My MMA gloves are UFC brand, bought here in USA at Dicks Sports. All man made and holding up well with heavy bag and class room use. I l ike them because I can wash/wipe them down and they don't really absorb sweat like leather would (and get smelly I think).

That said, I did just read in Vegan Myth, Vegan Fact one of the conundrums for us vegans....humaneness (or not) of some leather products vs environmental impacts of man-made/plastic alternatives.

Aside from going barefisted for fighting or gloveless for motorbiking, there's not a clear choice for some. For me, when I rode, all my gear (jacket, pants, etc.) were textile + CE armor. BUT, my boots and gloves had leather reinforced with armor. Had to compromise values with safety. Like balancing in all life....not always black and white....