Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Strikeforce Events
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:36 pm 
Rabbit

I feel like i should care,but i honestly am not that interested anymore what Fedor does or does not do.Great guy,great fighter but i just cant get excited about this! :|

Strikeforce has some great fighters,the rest of the best are in the UFC,I think until he fights in the UFC i aint really fussed what he does to some extent :? I miss the pride days when he was getting good fights,i dont think there are enough decent opponents for him in strike force,that said,maybe there just are not enough decent opponents for him at all these days!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:35 pm 
Rabbit

I am really excited about the Carano vs cyborg fight.This is where strikeforce is leading the way somewhat,two world class women fighters in a headline world championship bout,something fans have wanted to see for some time.

f**king bummed i cant get to see it... two great muay thai fighters with great mma skills..should be an exciting fight.My heart is with gina,hope she wins as this title belt may shut up some the haters out there who still refuse to give her the rspect she is deserving of.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:06 am 
Gorilla

veganjkd wrote:
Strikeforce has some great fighters,the rest of the best are in the UFC,I think until he fights in the UFC i aint really fussed what he does to some extent :? I miss the pride days when he was getting good fights,i dont think there are enough decent opponents for him in strike force,that said,maybe there just are not enough decent opponents for him at all these days!

haha, yeah i think that last sentence is the most accurate. regardless of where he fights, there aren't many people who will give Fedor problems.

i just found a place where we can watch the Carano vs Cyborg fight, so i'm pretty excited about it. i was sold on women's MMA since the first fight i saw, they deserve a lot of respect. also interested to see Babalu vs Mousasi

and i just heard that Nick Diaz, who was scheduled to fight that night also, will NOT be fighting. seems he was denied by the California State Athletic Commission, because he never showed up for the pre-fight drug test. no show = no fight. so instead they're putting in Jesse Taylor to fight Jay Heiron.

the real question is: why did Nick Diaz not show up and provide samples for the drug test.... was he worried they'd find steroids... or some of that Mary Jane he got busted with last time? :lol:

EDIT FOR UPDATE:

i posted that last sentence as a joke, but looks like it was right on.
check out the headline at MMAWeekly.com

from Diaz's manager:
"The old guys were doing things based off of California law, and I knew California law didn’t change. He’s licensed... it’s legal. They’re own legal team came out with a ruling that said (compassionate use was allowed). Then all of a sudden they’re saying we’re doing drug tests, and cannabis is included, it’s not just performance enhancers. To flush it out of his system, it takes 10 days, and we don’t have that.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:41 am 
Elephant

ronnie kray wrote:
veganjkd wrote:

haha, yeah i think that last sentence is the most accurate. regardless of where he fights, there aren't many people who will give Fedor problems.

i just found a place where we can watch the Carano vs Cyborg fight, so i'm pretty excited about it. i was sold on women's MMA since the first fight i saw, they deserve a lot of respect. also interested to see Babalu vs Mousasi

and i just heard that Nick Diaz, who was scheduled to fight that night also, will NOT be fighting. seems he was denied by the California State Athletic Commission, because he never showed up for the pre-fight drug test. no show = no fight. so instead they're putting in Jesse Taylor to fight Jay Heiron.

the real question is: why did Nick Diaz not show up and provide samples for the drug test.... was he worried they'd find steroids... or some of that Mary Jane he got busted with last time? :lol:

EDIT FOR UPDATE:

i posted that last sentence as a joke, but looks like it was right on.
check out the headline at MMAWeekly.com

from Diaz's manager:
"The old guys were doing things based off of California law, and I knew California law didn’t change. He’s licensed... it’s legal. They’re own legal team came out with a ruling that said (compassionate use was allowed). Then all of a sudden they’re saying we’re doing drug tests, and cannabis is included, it’s not just performance enhancers. To flush it out of his system, it takes 10 days, and we don’t have that.”

Well that explains why he is always mumbling in post fight interviews. :lol: In any case , what does he have that allows him to take the stuff in California, and still be fit enough to fight in a ring or cage at anytime?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:59 pm 
Gorilla

you know, Diaz had previously come out positive for marijuana after he defeated Takanori Gomi. i think it's crazy how his solution was to get a medical clearance for marijuana. it's like the thought of smoking less or not at all was not even an option. or maybe i'm wrong, maybe he has a legitamate medical condition and the best treatment is cannabis, who knows. but i've heard different reasons. one source sad it was ADD, and another source said it was for anxiety attacks. so i'm just not buying it right now. NOT that i think less of anybody for smoking out. i'm just saying if interferes with his fighting career, he needs to figure out which is more important to him. after all, it cost him a shot at the title. but anyways...

everyone made weight. anybody watching this tonight?

Gina Carano vs. Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos
Renato “Babalu” Sobral vs. Gegard Mousasi
Fabricio Werdum vs. Mike Kyle
Gilbert Melendez vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:50 am 
Rabbit

I got to watch the Carano/cyborg fight the day after.

Man that was a great fight,i thought all along that Cyborg may just be too aggressive for Gina ,she really outclassed her.

awesome fight all the same.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:36 am 
Elephant

veganjkd wrote:
I got to watch the Carano/cyborg fight the day after.

Man that was a great fight,i thought all along that Cyborg may just be too aggressive for Gina ,she really outclassed her.

awesome fight all the same.

It will be interesting to see her response if they meet up in the future. I think that they are the two top women, so I would think that they would meet up again. I think that Cyborg was more determined then Gina. As you say more aggressive. I think that Gina needed a wake up call to get both feet into the fghting world and not have one in hollywood and one in the cage.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:16 pm 
Gorilla

the women's fight was probably the most exciting and fast paced of the night. they just slugged it out the whole round. gina did show some ring rust after being inactive for so long. something told me that the pressure Santos would pour on would be too much for Gina. but good fight for both women, and props to them for brining women's MMA into the mainstream and headlining an event.

Gegard Mousasi impressed me. i had heard of him, but never seem him fight. his demeanor in the cage reminded me a lot of the Emilianenko brothers (and i hear he does train with Red Devil). i knew Babalu was in trouble when i saw how calm Mousasi was. almost looked bored, like he didn't wanna be there. he had this "whatever" look on his face. but he went in and finished the fight in 60 secs. i wonder who his first title defense will be against.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:34 am 
Rabbit

Gegard Mousasi vs Babalu was awesome.

Gegard really was so chilled like you say,never seen him fight and i did not expect anyone to deal with babalu so easily!

Carano is indeed one of the top women fighters in the world,i suspect that Cyborg trained harder and wanted this more to beat all the hype about Gina being number one. I would guess Gina will get back to training and will need to train harder,have more fights and maybe more explosive strength for when she has a rematch with cyborg.Great fight that hopefully has shut up some of the sexist attitudes in MMA promotion..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:22 am 
Rabbit

ronnie kray wrote:
the women's fight was probably the most exciting and fast paced of the night. they just slugged it out the whole round. gina did show some ring rust after being inactive for so long. something told me that the pressure Santos would pour on would be too much for Gina. but good fight for both women, and props to them for brining women's MMA into the mainstream and headlining an event.

Another disagreement for us, because I thought that was a terrible advert for women's MMA. Carano was flat out shocking. It gives me no pleasure to say that as one of my good friend's girlfriend has lost to Carano and I know how solid a fighter she is (my friend's girl that is). But that fight was ropey anyway, Carano missed weight by miles, refused to cut anymore and this was with her opponent coming up in weight for the fight :? Ah well, nothing new for Carano there...

From the off Carano wasn't in the stand up. Looked like she'd never had a punch travel in her direction before. Then inexplicably Santos took her down. Well I say took her down, more placed her on top in full mount. Then Carano decided mount wasn't such a great place, she'd be better stood up where she had a clear disadvantage. Carano nearly giving up the heel hook was pretty poor too. Three minutes in both fighters were gassed, this was a 5x5 title fight. I'll admit it was a fast paced fight, but to be gassed out in the first is unacceptable to me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 pm 
Gorilla

i'm beginning to think you just like to disagree with me, LOL :)

ran across this promo, they showed it during the event too.

Fedor's first fight in Strikeforce will be against Brett Rogers.
i would've preferred to see Fedor fight Alistair Overeem or Fabricio Werdum,
but Rogers is still a top 10 ranked fighter and he just got done knocking out Andrei Arlovski.

[SOURCE]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:13 am 
Rabbit

Jake vs mayhem.?

Felt bad for mayhem really, he was stifled and shut down by jake`s wrestling. Jake did everything he needed to win and played it smart. Of course it is is great that the middleweight champ is a vegetarian. but i admit it was not the most interesting of fights to watch!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:01 am 
Anyone watch strikeforce evolution on the weekend?I just watched the whole thing today, very entertaining.The Josh vs Gilbert fight was awesome (i wanted Josh to win but Melendez is cool).Good to see Scott Smith win against Cung Le (Scotts in my top ten).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:27 am 
Elephant

cyborg's translator wins award from me as worst translator. http://www.mmalinker.com/external/frame ... _Interview

Also I notice that Gina only lasted 1 round and all of the other main stream fights for cyborg lasted at least 2 rounds. Must be alot of great fighters coming up the ranks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:05 pm 
Gorilla

That Dutch girl got worked. :shock:

"Kill! Kill! Multiply! 'Til the skies are black and the rivers dry!"
-Atreyu