Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Miles for MS Campagin-Fund raising for McDougall Foundation
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:35 pm 
Finch

Below are a few selections of my mom's website milesforms.com. She was diagnosed in 2005 with multiple sclerosis. From then on she made it her duty to spread the awareness about reversing MS through diet. Dr. John McDougall is one of few doctors who promote this reversal.

About Miles for MS
Miles for MS is a campaign to raise awareness and money for the McDougall Research and Education Foundation. Why the McDougall Research & Education Foundation? Dr. McDougall has been studying, writing and "speaking out" about the effects of nutrition on disease for over 30 years and has been changing the lives of people who are suffering from chronic and degenerative diseases at his residential program in Santa Rosa, California, -- a place where medical miracles occur through proper diet and lifestyle changes. Dr. McDougall is doing substantial research on how diet and lifestyle can profoundly stop the progression of Multiple Sclerosis and other chronic and degenerative diseases. How do I know? I was diagnosed with MS in December 2005 and have been able to significantly halt the progression of my MS by changing the way I eat and live. Because of my passion for health and fitness I realize we don’t have to be victims of our circumstances and we can change our life by the choices we make by getting up and doing something about it.

People often ask me why create a bike tour but not have it in Ohio. I wanted to create a bike tour that encompassed my love for travel and fitness. I also wanted to ride with a team that was committed to my mission. It just so happens that those people who make up my team are family and friends whom I love dearly. They are also avid cyclists who have traveled many miles together and wouldn't want it any other way. I would be thrilled to have others be a part of our mission and share in the journey of helping others live a better life. I've also been asked would I ever do a Miles for MS Bike Tour in Ohio. I would have to say there is always a possibility.

How to Donate
Check donations for this study can be made out to:

The McDougall Research & Education Foundation
(Memo: Miles for MS)

The check may be mailed to:

Dr. John McDougall
PO Box 14039
Santa Rosa, CA 95402

or

Christine Smothers
905 Wallace Dr
Delaware, OH 43015

The McDougall Foundation is
A Tax Deductible Corporation
- a 501 (c) (3), Employer ID # 82-0573876

Contact Info
Name: Christine Smothers
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115966752440
Email: csmothers@columbus.rr.com
Phone Number: 740-815-8294
Mailing Address: 905 Wallace Dr, Delaware, OH 43015

Additional Information
The bike tour is a 4 day, 350 mile tour. The trip goes from the George Washington Bridge in New York to Montreal, Canada. Currently our team is only made up of relatives. This includes a total of four people. My mother and I, and 2 of my uncles. We would deeply appreciate not only donations but also other participants who believe in this cause. My mother and I are both vegans. We would love to hear from anyone willing to help in any way. We have brochures that can be sent out to others. We also ask that if you have a facebook group page and also facebook accounts. You may look for us on facebook by searching "Miles for MS". We currently only have two members, my mother and I. We are typically the second search result under 'Groups'. You can add us by searching "Christine Smothers" and "Tony Smothers". We are both in the Delaware, Ohio location. If you do decide to add us please add a personal message saying "Miles for MS" or something to indicate that you support us. We need much help to spread the word about what we are doing. Again, any and all donations are great. We would also like to see more participants.

The tour begins July 19th at 6:00AM on the George Washington Bridge. For additional information feel free to contact us or check the website. Thank you all who have read this.