Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Why?

Because we're more ethical
2
13%
Because we're healthier
0
No votes
Because we're more intelligent
2
13%
A combination of all three
12
75%
 
Total votes: 16

Message
Author
aryan
Manatee
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:59 pm

Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#1 Postby aryan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Okay, so as everyone knows, we vegans are pretty much better than, well, just about everyone. What is it that makes us this way?

damdaman
Manatee
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:45 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#2 Postby damdaman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:07 pm

I don't think "we vegans" are better than anyone else. It's pretty immature and rude to judge other people like that, not to mention arrogant.

User avatar
vivalasvegans
Elephant
Posts: 1962
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Re: Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#3 Postby vivalasvegans » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:28 pm

You forgot an option. We have better musicians.

Radical simply means "grasping things at the root." - Angela Davis

User avatar
GinaKina
Rabbit
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:11 am

Re: Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#4 Postby GinaKina » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:41 pm

I'm going to go with "other". I'm not really a fan of that mindset :)

xjohanx
Elephant
Posts: 2960
Age: 28
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Contact:

Re: Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#5 Postby xjohanx » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:27 am

This is a common misconception. I am better than everyone else and I'm vegan but that doesn't mean that every vegan is.
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

User avatar
Vegan Joe
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3735
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Enroute to 58

Re: Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#6 Postby Vegan Joe » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:34 am

"I'm better" for making my own cholesterol, and not having to use it from any other species, but I'm still not better than anyone else.
Oh yeah, and I like to think I'm more intelligent, but it never takes long for that myth to be busted. :(

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.


"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

LloydMetcalfe

Re: Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#7 Postby LloydMetcalfe » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:31 am

xjohanx wrote:This is a common misconception. I am better than everyone else and I'm vegan but that doesn't mean that every vegan is.


LloydMetcalfe > xjohanx

MalcKiera
Rabbit
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:04 pm
Location: Madchester, UK

Re: Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#8 Postby MalcKiera » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:49 am

damdaman wrote:I don't think "we vegans" are better than anyone else. It's pretty immature and rude to judge other people like that, not to mention arrogant.


Totally agree! I'm finding the "holier than thou" train of thought so incredibly selfrighteous and if anything seriously damaging the possibility of engaging non-vegans into thinking about a vegan lifestyle. Why on earth would you want to give some arrogant, selfrighteous vegan's beliefs any more thoughts? I sure as hell don't listen to anyone who is that full of themselves!

I've found some vegan "friends" turning their backs on me and some non-vegan friends being there for me when I really needed them, and I'll never forget that. Being vegan is an important part of me, but there is a helluvalot more to people than their personal beliefs.
My darling girl, when are you going to understand that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage. - Aunty Francis

User avatar
chrisjs
Elephant
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Piscataway, NJ, US

Re: Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#9 Postby chrisjs » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:30 pm

this thread sucks

xjohanx
Elephant
Posts: 2960
Age: 28
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
Contact:

Re: Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#10 Postby xjohanx » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:04 am

LloydMetcalfe wrote:LloydMetcalfe > xjohanx


p<0,0001 (***)
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

User avatar
Marcina
Elephant
Posts: 2277
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 pm
Location: BC Canada
Contact:

Re: Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#11 Postby Marcina » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 pm

MalcKiera wrote:
damdaman wrote:I don't think "we vegans" are better than anyone else. It's pretty immature and rude to judge other people like that, not to mention arrogant.


Totally agree! I'm finding the "holier than thou" train of thought so incredibly selfrighteous and if anything seriously damaging the possibility of engaging non-vegans into thinking about a vegan lifestyle. Why on earth would you want to give some arrogant, selfrighteous vegan's beliefs any more thoughts? I sure as hell don't listen to anyone who is that full of themselves!

I've found some vegan "friends" turning their backs on me and some non-vegan friends being there for me when I really needed them, and I'll never forget that. Being vegan is an important part of me, but there is a helluvalot more to people than their personal beliefs.


X2

Holier than thou vegans piss me off and make me ashamed to call myself a "vegan". I still don't. I still tell people I'm a vegetarian.

LloydMetcalfe

Re: Why are we vegans so much better than everyone else?

#12 Postby LloydMetcalfe » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:20 pm


X2

Holier than thou vegans piss me off and make me ashamed to call myself a "vegan". I still don't. I still tell people I'm a vegetarian.


I saw earthlings last night and i don't think vegans being better than omni's is the right way to put it.The assholes in that video don't deserve to live.It would be justice if they were annihilated.

I don't tell people i'm vegan or vegetarian, i tell them i don't eat animals or animal products because i believe that a special term for my lifestyle is unnecessary because it's what should be normal, the standard, and is.


Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests