Leaning thigh muscles

Vegedge

Hi there, I was going to post a hello in the introduction thread, but I was too eager to post my question. I have lurked here for a while, but only just signed up with an account.

So, my question is; How can I slim my thigh muscles down? I am a comfortable weight and very comfortable in my body size, weight etc but there is one thing that does bother me and that is how large my thighs are. I am of a lean build everywhere on my body but due to what im guessing was cycling I have very large thighs! They are so large to the point that I feel very uncomfortable wearing jeans as they feel like they are going to RIP out like superman's chest ripping through his costume. Maybe not that big but they are big in comparison to the rest of my body!

So, does anyone have an suggestions on how I can lean the muscle on my legs down? I want to reduce the mass of them, so i would think that exercises such as squats would be making them bigger??

Hope someone can shed some light on this topic for me and that I havent ranted about too much. Looking forward to meeting all of you and I hope this isnt a repost (i did do a search first though?)

Err...don't use your legs till the muscles atrophy. Seriously.

Or just make the rest of the muscles on your body bigger so they look in proportion.

Personally I wish I had your thighs, so I don't know what to tell you but you're crazy and trade legs with me.

Hi there, I was going to post a hello in the introduction thread, but I was too eager to post my question. I have lurked here for a while, but only just signed up with an account.

So, my question is; How can I slim my thigh muscles down? I am a comfortable weight and very comfortable in my body size, weight etc but there is one thing that does bother me and that is how large my thighs are. I am of a lean build everywhere on my body but due to what im guessing was cycling I have very large thighs! They are so large to the point that I feel very uncomfortable wearing jeans as they feel like they are going to RIP out like superman's chest ripping through his costume. Maybe not that big but they are big in comparison to the rest of my body!

So, does anyone have an suggestions on how I can lean the muscle on my legs down? I want to reduce the mass of them, so i would think that exercises such as squats would be making them bigger??

Hope someone can shed some light on this topic for me and that I havent ranted about too much. Looking forward to meeting all of you and I hope this isnt a repost (i did do a search first though?)

well all I can say is if you're a woman, then I want to date you. I'll buy you all the jeans you need. What kind of cycling were you doing , track, pursuit? I guess the part I am confused about is whether your body builds muscle quickly (you mentioned cycling which would have dominated the legs) in which case working your top would just create a larger package over all (you would be going through shirts and jeans) or if you have genes that are storing fat and increasing the overall circumference of your thigh. I would say treat your upper body the way you treated your lower body and see if the same thing happens to your upper body. If it does then I would go for 5-6 meals with low resistance high cadence cardio such as the Insanity series or the cardio from Taebo. Something the causes you to limit impact on your thighs, that could cause a bit of growth.

Ahh you're a guy! Cool.

Then I can tell ya about my boyfriend who used to be an avid cycler. He has the nicest legs. They're quite lean and very muscular and I think his legs are his best physical feature on his body. Even when he stopped cycling he still had lean, muscular legs. Now he does a lot of running.

If you want smaller thighs that's great, but if the biggest issue is clothes not fitting properly that's easier to fix. I know how you feel, I got a smaller waist and big thighs and ass. Look for jeans cut for more athletic men, boot cut is good in a lot of brands. The other option is if you want a particular pair of jeans buy them to fit your thighs rather then your waist. A tailor should be able to take the jeans in at the waist and crotch and make them fit right for 10-20 dollars. There are also websites and stores that make made to measure jeans as well, but that tends to be a bit more expensive.