Decision- muay thai or endurance training?

kumar5

So I can't decide to continue endurance training or to start muay thai.

I want to do both but time and money do not permit this.

What do you advise?

My aim is to get big, so I weight train twice a week.

Endurance training or muay thai would be twice a week too, about an hour. Which sport would help me get stronger and bigger faster?

Thanks.

Endurance training can be a lot of things, what kind of endurance training are you talking about? Anyway, if your aim is only to get big and strong, best would probably be to just focus on the weights. Neither 'endurance training' nor Muay Thai will help you get big and strong.

If you also want to do some cardio stuff though, I would go to the muay thai, because it is good fun .

Endurance training is body weight conditioning. Mostly doing many types of positions and bending my body. It's good cardio and quite fun.

But muay thai tempts me...and we have to do some warm up, shadow boxing and warm downs. I doubt I'd sparr soon.

Well, neither muay thai or endurance training will make me big, right? ...might as well try muay thai and see how it goes. Kind of afraid I can't keep up and will be slow- I have slow reflexes. But I'll try it and see how I cope.

So I can't decide to continue endurance training or to start muay thai.

Neither will make you big and both will tax your bodily resources making it harder for you to get big.

I want to do both but time and money do not permit this.

Anybody can do cardio, if you have the opportunity to get a useful skill, go for it. Muay Thai.

My aim is to get big, so I weight train twice a week.

That isn't enough to get big, you need a minimum of 3 weight training sessions a week in the beginning.

Wow, they tax the body...

Even if I rest in between?

I plan to have Mon/Thu muay thai and Tue/Fri weights. I thought I could get enough rest like this. Wed/Sat rest and Sun just 30 min jog.

This is an ok plan and it should allow you to progress both with the weights and the MT. The question is however, if your only goal is to get big, why do you want to do MT or endurance training in the first place? Weighttraining three or four times a week instead would be more helpful for getting that.

Seitan_Man;

The Hackers Diet is what I used. It is a free online book. You can read it here:

http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/

Buy a good scale, one that gives you the same weight stepping on it 3 times in a row.

Count your calories everyday and at the end of the week watch how your weight has changed. If it goes up eat little bit less the next week and check the results again. Keep adjust in small increments until you can and lose no more than one pound a week.

Hmm, the muay thai was for diversity, so I'd not space out with too much weights.

But you have a point... I could do weights 3 times a week and muay thai once a week. I'm just starting weights, so I'm quite excited.

Muay thai would be for cardio and a new skill. If that fails, I'll stick with jogging. Have to see how it pans out.

Hmm, the muay thai was for diversity, so I'd not space out with too much weights.

But you have a point... I could do weights 3 times a week and muay thai once a week. I'm just starting weights, so I'm quite excited.

Muay thai would be for cardio and a new skill. If that fails, I'll stick with jogging. Have to see how it pans out.

Actually, I think only doing MT once a week is a bit pointless, Id rather go with two times and hit hte weights two times also. If you are just starting out with the weights you should be able to progress with no trouble, as long as you eat enough.

Or you could just do what aluck says .

Actually, I think only doing MT once a week is a bit pointless, Id rather go with two times and hit hte weights two times also. If you are just starting out with the weights you should be able to progress with no trouble, as long as you eat enough.

Or you could just do what aluck says .

I like my suggestion best lol.

I am beginning MT and weight training also. Nx week, urk.

I think I'll do the 2/2 as said earlier for 1-2 months and see how I progress. I just need to space out MT and WT so I'm not tired to learn and perform.

Aluck, daily is a dream but I don't have the time.

The eating part worries me but I'll post my daily food intake soon, so you guys can comment.

Like others have said, Muay Thai is not a good chioce of martial art if your aim is to get big. Look at Muay Thai fighters, yes, they are in amazing shape, but they are not big. Being big is actually not good thing for Muay Thai, again look at the body type of the top fighters out there. But if you're looking for something fun, and getting big isn't your main goal, then I would choose Muay Thai over cardio any day of the week.

Yeah, Muay Thai. It'll be way easier to stay motivated to train, especially if your alternative is to run twice a week. Won't make you big, but it will make you tough. Start rolling those shins!

You need to do MT at least twice a week to progress properly. If you're too sore to do 2 days MT and 2 days weights at first, don't worry. Your body will adjust. When you start any martial art from scratch, your body will need to get used to doing stuff it's never done.

When I'm not injured (which is not right now ) I try to train 4 days a week at the kickboxing gym and 2 days doing other stuff, like running, bodyweight exercises and some free weights. I'm not trying to get big though. I'm trying to keep my weight where it is.

Hmm, that's a conundrum.

My aim is to get big, as I am scrawny now. I've been gaining healthy weight for the past 2 months and weights would help me get big guns, haha.

I don't expect MT to make me big, but as more of cardio and a skill for me. I don't aim to fight anyone, except if I'm mugged. :P But is this going to disturb my goal of becoming big? That would be a bummer.

Right now I'm proposing Mon n Thu=MT and Tue n Fri=Weights.