Vegan sports gear

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

BrandonC
Rabbit

Vegan sports gear

#1 Postby BrandonC » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:09 pm

Does anybody know of anybody who makes custom sports gear? I need to get Pro-Wrestling boots but the ONLY option is a leather boot. I asked a company if they offered vegan options but the response was
I understand your issues, but there is nothing we have found that holds up like leather for wrestling boots.

^Those are the type of boots I am looking for, except vegan^

CollegeB
Elephant

#2 Postby CollegeB » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:51 pm

There is one or two companies that work in faux leather, you could pay some big $$ and possibly have some made. I've seen pretty tall vegan boots available, I think like 18 eyelets or something like that.

robert
Site Admin

#3 Postby robert » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:34 am

Hey Brandon,

I don't know, but I'll see what I can find out. They must exist somewhere, we just need to find them.

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#4 Postby VeganEssentials » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:07 am

If you can afford to pay for quality custom work, www.veganwares.com is THE place to go for something like this. They'll have to be made at their shop in Australia, but they really do excellent work and can probably get you an exact copy of the boots in the picture. Definintely recommended.

Richard
Site Admin

#5 Postby Richard » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:14 am

I understand your issues, but there is nothing we have found that holds up like leather for wrestling boots.

That's such nonsense... Not that I am an expert, and not that I know anything about the company, but it wouldn't surprise me if in fact they haven't tried anything besides leather... I might be wrong, but I imagine that leather is the first and last material that many companies try

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#6 Postby VeganEssentials » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:26 am

Due to the shininess, they probably might have tried cheap high-gloss PVC for a synthetic, which would turn to crap after a short time. You won't be able to get a good synthetic with the same shine, but definitely a pair that's just as durable overall.

Richard
Site Admin

#7 Postby Richard » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:29 am

VeganEssentials wrote:Due to the shininess, they probably might have tried cheap high-gloss PVC for a synthetic, which would turn to crap after a short time. You won't be able to get a good synthetic with the same shine, but definitely a pair that's just as durable overall.

Yeah, exactly. When they said 'holds up' I assumed they were talking about durability. I have shoes / boots which have stayed fresh for a long time. Also, they don't even need to worry about being waterproof or anything like that.

Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”