Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mountain Biking
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:13 pm 
Elephant

Hey y'all-
Just thought I'd see if there are any serious mt bikers around? I live in Mass (USA) where there aren't a lot of mountains, but there are plenty of freeride and XC areas, and I indulge in plenty of both.

Any other mtbikers out there???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:11 pm 
Elephant

Hey! I don't check this forum often, so I didn't see this thread, but I mountain bike. XC only as I also do not live in the mountains. Though I have been biking at a ski resort a few times. I loved it but the place we went stopped having the mountain biking because they were not making money off of it. So I haven't done that in a while. Been mtn biking for about 8 years. I'm decent at it but certainly not amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:19 am 
Elephant

Cool! I have never been to a ski resort to bike, but a lot of my friends have and said it was a blast. I'll definitely be heading up to New Hampshire this Spring/Summer to check them out.
Are there particular areas around Baltimore that you ride at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:30 am 
Elephant

Oh, and I checked out your band's myspace page and sent you a request to add on as a friend. Looks like my kind of music (rollicking Celtic stuff).
Do you have any plans to put some of your tunes up on your page?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

I am embarrassed to admit I have not been on a bike in over a year :oops:

I walk or drive to get around and when I do cardio training I run, ride a stationary bike in the gym after my workout, or play basketball.

This spring/summer I hope to get on a bike. I love the legs that cyclists get and think that it could help me with bodybuilding too. Of course, it is just fun too.

I've only been Mountain Biking once, but a high school friend of mine is ranked in the top 10 in the US. Barry Wicks is his name, we've got water skiing together and were cross country teammates back when we were both long distance runners. He is sponsored by Clif Bar and many other companies.

I need to get myself on 2 wheels soon to build up my own wheels!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:43 pm 
Elephant

finbarrio wrote:
Cool! I have never been to a ski resort to bike, but a lot of my friends have and said it was a blast. I'll definitely be heading up to New Hampshire this Spring/Summer to check them out.
Are there particular areas around Baltimore that you ride at?

I ride in Loch Raven and Patapsco State Parks. Patapsco Avalon area is the best.

Regarding the band, we don't have any of our music recorded. I think it's because we do covers, and there's no problem playing them live but I think we'd have to worry about permissions and all that to record them. Maybe one day we will record something. We'll see!

Post subject: biking
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:19 pm 
I'd like to Mountain bike but I don't have the cahones for it anymore...maybe when I was 15 and doing crazy things on my rollerblades. I have to admit downhill is quite exciting to watch and so is cyclocross which I also am not tough enough for. I'd rather get injuries from overtraining than getting a puncture and running into a boulder. I give it up to hard core mountain bikers!!!