Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: I have a BIG problem. rugby/getting big/and sorta marathons.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:51 am 
Rabbit

xjohanx wrote:
Ellie Moondog wrote:
Geeze, I joined this forum because it was less hate-filled than other vegan groups/forums.

I'm starting to reconsider that decision.

Big decision to make, life-changing stuff, maybe you should have thought about it longer? I mean seriously, now you sit here with a username on a forum that is more hate-filled than other vegan groups/forum, big stuff.

BTW, people throw around the word "hate" way too much. I see no hating anywhere in this thread. The functional movement thing is a joke on the cost of people like this

...and others who use the word way too much.
It really has nothing to do with hate and how you confuse the two is beyond me.

Once again, you are looking for something to attack instead of having a real conversation.

I get that you have your little jokes, but you were attacking someone who was talking about a serious personal goal/endeavor, because, what, you feel entitled to determine what words other people are allowed to use in order to be valid as human beings? :roll:

Your brand of "humor" has no place in my world.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:46 am 
Gorilla

Humor's got a place like all things.
Be aware of the pain it can sometimes bring.
A joke to you might not be so funny,
so take the time and think it out before you open up your mouth.

I can't believe the things we say.
A cutting word can ruin days.
Now I wish I hadn't spoke.
Can't you learn to take a fucking joke?

We say things we don't mean but friends understand.
Strength and humor don't always go hand in hand.
A joke to you might not be so funny,
so take the time and think it out before you open up your mouth.

Can't you learn to take a fuckin' joke?

But no ones laughing.
I wish I could crack a smile, but I can't.
I know he's just a fucking jerk.
But jerks hurt too.
And I'm not that cool that I can laugh.
I see because it's happened to me and I think I was an asshole when I said what I said.
It's just a sick sense of humor rolls around in my head.
Cause we've had our fun at your expense and that's wrong.
And we know it.
You said we were friends.
For friendship's sake.
Let's give it a break.

Can't you learn to take a fuckin' joke?!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:01 am 
Elephant

Johan just said that because he happened to have just put a new quote from me in his signature. That quote was in response to people being elitist and extremist about functional training, it wasn't anti-functional training. He wasn't trying to stir the pot.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:37 am 
Elephant

Ellie Moondog wrote:
Once again, you are looking for something to attack instead of having a real conversation.

No not at all but you seem to do. You were the one who basically called me a hater for no apparent reason (alternatively a very stupid reason).

Ellie Moondog wrote:
I get that you have your little jokes, but you were attacking someone who was talking about a serious personal goal/endeavor, because, what, you feel entitled to determine what words other people are allowed to use in order to be valid as human beings? :roll:

I haven't attacked anyone in this thread in any way. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge and def chill out a good bit. Cubby made a really fun statement which I recently placed as my signature because me and others thought it was really funny. I've been telling the quote to all of my real life friend and everyone is laughing about it, even crossfit people I know. You seem to be the only one who doesn't get the funny part. If you first read the thread where he made the quote, the reread this one you would probably see why you are overreacting.

Ellie Moondog wrote:
Your brand of "humor" has no place in my world.

That's cool, your lack of humor has no place in mine :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:27 pm 
Stegosaurus

wow a lot going on here since my last post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:43 pm 
Rabbit

xjohanx wrote:
I haven't attacked anyone in this thread in any way. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge and def chill out a good bit. Cubby made a really fun statement which I recently placed as my signature because me and others thought it was really funny. I've been telling the quote to all of my real life friend and everyone is laughing about it, even crossfit people I know. You seem to be the only one who doesn't get the funny part. If you first read the thread where he made the quote, the reread this one you would probably see why you are overreacting.

I'm sure I would have laughed at the original thread, considering Cubby has a more pleasant attitude.

Trying to prove to me that you have a sense of humor is equivalent to trying to prove that you have style. You're no judge of your own.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:22 pm 
Elephant

Ellie Moondog wrote:
I'm sure I would have laughed at the original thread, considering Cubby has a more pleasant attitude.

Trying to prove to me that you have a sense of humor is equivalent to trying to prove that you have style. You're no judge of your own.

Yeah he's a real sweetheart.
I'm actually not trying to prove that I have a sense of humor, if I tried to "prove" anything it was that Cubby made a funny comment which would be implying that Cubby has a sense of humor. All I did was requote it and to my Swedish speaking friends I did the translation but still gave Cubbydude the creds. And don't fladder yourself thinking that I'm trying to prove anything to you. You probably wish I did (it's okay, most girls do :wink:) but I just simply don't. I could not care less what you think of me. I've encountered enough people to know when a person is a bitch, and on those I don't waste more time than I already have here. Over and out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 pm 
Rabbit

xjohanx wrote:
...And don't fladder yourself thinking that I'm trying to prove anything to you. You probably wish I did (it's okay, most girls do :wink:) but I just simply don't. I could not care less what you think of me. I've encountered enough people to know when a person is a bitch, and on those I don't waste more time than I already have here. Over and out.

Wow, arrogant, AND name-calling. Projecting much?

Go ahead, have the last word if you like. I'm happy to let the rest of the forum be a judge of my character.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:27 pm 
Gorilla

Is that it? Can this crap be finished now? Thanks everyone for your help. Johan, sorry the words you typed didn't make sense me. Chalk it up to my own inadequacy. I'm ok with that.

This is all really silly. I appreciate everyone trying to help. I could have done without the rest, though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:06 pm 
Gorilla

I will steal Vegan Joe's trademark of replying to threads via pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:21 pm 
Gorilla

good call!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:35 am 
Gorilla

How's the rugby going?I like league over union but their kind of similar.Nothings more moral boosting to a team then a huge tackle from a kickoff.I use to sprint down and collide sonnybill williams style with the prop whenever i had enough adrenalin going.Didn't always come off best though lol.

That functional strength thing was funny but my cousin is a lot more muscly than me and lifts more and yet i out wrestle him all the time.All i do is free weights with 1 or 2 cable things in there and he trains at a gym so i'd say he uses cables a lot more.He told me he doesn't even do squats so maybe that is my advantage.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:37 am 
Gorilla

Looks like you managed to get rid of another forum member johan.You have to stop doing that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:08 am 
Elephant

Cold Fission wrote:
Looks like you managed to get rid of another forum member johan.You have to stop doing that.

If someone acts like a stupid bitch I prefer if that person leaves this forum, it gets a bit hmm less bitchy around here which I consider to be a good thing. Go drink some articially sweetened fluroide-rich drink and shut up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:32 am 
Gorilla

Johan, I consider your elipses to be far more inappropriate and rude than any of the other comments in this thread. It was a total douchebag move and entirely intended to ridicule what mary said. You can deny that if you wish, but I imagine I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Besides, Ellie came in here (this thread and this forum) to help and be helped. There is no reason for you to be a dick to her, or anyone else on here.

I just don't understand your thought process here. Unless you're a teenager, or something.

But seriously. Don't be a dick, and if you feel the need to be a dick, stay out of my topics, and I'll stay out of yours. This is ridiculous.