Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Work It In
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:37 pm 
Manatee

Anyone else work extra fitness in throughout the day? Like parking as far as possible from the entrance and sprinting to the door?

One thing I've been doing lately is exercising at work. I work in retail and I work alone, so after I deal with a customer or customers, I go to the back room and do push-ups and steam engines (an upright ab workout). I do a set amount per customer, so if I have to deal with three customers in a row before I get to go to the back room, I do 3 sets of the routine. I started doing it for package delivery, returns, and "quick questions," too, so it's not like, "Oh, well, he wasn't a 'customer' because he didn't buy anything, so that doesn't count."

Post subject: Re: Work It In
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:49 am 
Rabbit

There was a time I'd always jump rope during tv commercials. Now besides strenght training and running I often help my dad with his gardening.
About stairs: It always amuses me when my classmates at university would rather stand in kilometrical lines to take the lift than taking the stairs - and our classroom is in third floor. I mean, seriously?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:59 am 
Stegosaurus

I usually take the stairs. It always boggles my mind when I see someone take an elevator one floor. Really, you can't walk ONE floor? I get that some people can't do to medical issues or what have-you, but I work at a university and a lot of these people are healthy 20 year-olds.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:23 am 
Rabbit

As a student I'm ALWAYS walking, and my job entails carrying heavy things a lot. This may not be deliberate like yours, but it keeps my energy up through the day.
Elevators freak me out and I really try to avoid taking them. It's a tiny room for lazy people to stare awkwardly at the floor, too weird for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:21 am 
Gorilla

I try to go for walks on my lunch break. I always run the stairs when I'm going up them. Also, every time I go to the bathroom I do 2-4 pull ups on the stall top. (Which is pretty often, because I drink almost a whole gallon jug of water when I'm at work...). I also try to do at least one pullup or chinup every time I enter my bedroom (since I have a nice door frame for it.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:23 am 
Elephant

Jason X wrote:
Also, every time I go to the bathroom I do 2-4 pull ups on the stall top.

I do that too. I also walk around campus a lot & always take the stairs.

If I'm watching TV I'll do as many push ups as I can during the commercial breaks.