Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: CORFIT
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:22 am 
Manatee

Yes, I am a C.O.R.F.I.T. graduate and I can recommend you the program with all my heart:) You will learn interesting things and the team is very friendly (not vegan though :D). I don't know if it's offered in Boston. I know there are classes in Montreal, New York I think and other parts of the US. Check the website at www.corfit.com

Post subject: Re: Fitness certification?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:16 am 
Elephant

Lyric wrote:
strawberryriddick wrote:
I went through NASM. From what I saw, it required the most understanding of the body and nutrition, including requirements for certifications in CPR and defibrillator training. The others didn't seem as "science intense" or completely anal about this stuff, which is why I chose NASM.

I may argue that ISSA does require CPR/AED, and first aid.

And most gyms won't let you make nutritional observations on clients unless you have a degree in nutrition, not just part of your certificate.

NASM isn't any more science intense than the NSCA either. I went through the NSCA already, and my current college program uses NASM texts and certs. The information is very similar. You could probably damned near pass one test by reading the text for the other. I think most of the information is the same, at least throughout the ISSA, NSCA, NASM, ACE and ACSM. I think they all require CPR/AED certs.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

Post subject: Re: Fitness certification?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:58 pm 
Rabbit

My personal trainer cert is from NCSF. The National Council on Strength and Fitness. The course is also approved for college credit.

It was very cheap...or shall I say, inexpensive compared to the others I researched. It was accepted by both my gym jobs. Xsport accepted it...and now the University of Chicago.(I am a pt at the gym on campus.)