need help with training!!!

hi everyone hope trainings going great! Was wondering if anyone could tell me how to reach my goal I Am about to buy a heavy punchbag around 30kg i want to no if i can get bigger muscles if i hit the bag and do bodyweight moves i want to get rid of my (BELLY) but want to be the muscular?athletic look, i am struggling with my training and think am going wrong somewhere im training 4 times a week jus weights for an hour dieting consistantly jus thought if i got a punchbag it would add extra intensity to my workout any ideas would appreciate thanks......

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I also need some help with a training regiment.

I'm a competitive cyclist, just getting into track racing, which is completely different than all other racing I've done in the past.

My athletic background is in endurance running and cyclocross, and freestyle snowboarding.

Track racing is much more intense, with efforts at 80 to 90% sustained for the majority of the races, with the only real variety being 110% sprints at periodic intervals.

I've heard Tabatas are a great interval training for track racing, as well as hill climbs at a very high rate of pace.

I've been doing a ton of endurance work, and have lost over 16 pounds of body fat, while gaining about 8 of those pounds back in muscle mass, mostly in my chest, arms and thighs.

However, I'm going to start interval training and strength training along with my cardio and endurance workouts, and I am looking for advice on how to balance them out and what kind of workouts to do to keep the variety and still stay focused on my goals of increased speed and stamina.

Right now my workouts on Monday and Wednesday consist of riding my track bike 12 miles over mixed terrain at about 15 to 18 mph to the track, then stretching and spinning 20 minute casual efforts on the track, followed by 10 minutes of rest and hydrating and stretching, followed by 20 more minutes of casual effort on the track.

Then I ride the 12 miles home at about 18 to 22mph, followed by more stretching and hydrating.

On Fridays, which are race days, I add three races to the middle of that workout, after the 20x10's, which are: 7 to 8 laps at about 85% effort with a final effort of 100% for the last lap or two. After this I do a couple of cool down laps and stretch and hydrate for 15 minutes before the next race, which is 15 laps at 85% with 100% sprints on lap 11, 6 and 1. Follow this with cool down laps, stretching and hydrating, and then there's a final 10 lap race with sprints every lap. Basically we go at whatever pace we can sustain for 10 laps without getting dropped, and try to put in a few solid 100% efforts when we feel we can.

After the races I ride the 12 miles home at about 18mph. Then stretch and hydrate and eat a protein bomb usually consisting of almonds or cashews with hemp protein powder in almond milk and some chocolate or avocado.

What I intend to add starting next week:

Intervals, Tabatas or otherwise, on the track, and on some nearby hills.

4 hip hop dance workouts per week consisting of a stretching/resistance warmup followed by about an hour of dancing in short aerobic bursts of 3 to 5 minutes each.

Yoga at home, along with core work (bicycles, some pilates stretches, hanging knee lifts and leg extensions, crunches, squats) and push ups and pull ups.

I'm wondering how to structure this to allow for enough rest, and how to fuel these workouts adequately.

I'm 5'10" 160 lbs. right now.

And on rest days, I still ride my bike anywhere from 8 to 20 miles, because it's my sole method of transportation.

Help?