Vega shake

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

hveit
Finch

Re: Vega shake

#16 Postby hveit » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 pm

I use the Berry flavored Vega Health Optimizer in a morning green smoothie as follows:

2 scoops Vega
2 bananas
1 orange
3 medjool dates
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 cup organic kale
3 cups organic baby spinach
Some ice to make it cold, if I forgot to put the bananas in the freezer

Tastes pretty good. Sometimes I also add almond butter

awaken375
Manatee

Re: Vega shake

#17 Postby awaken375 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:49 pm

found this searching for info on the new vega product i got.. the protein powder.

vega meal powder = good with almond hemp or soy milk, bad with water (chocolate).
vega pre-workout drink = good with water (berry)
vega post-workout drink = good with water (apple strawberry)
vega protein = revolutionary with almond milk (chocolate). tastes like ground up marshmallows with a thick consistency. fluffy and scrumptious.
vega antioxidant oil = tastes like candy if you shake it up patiently, slow movements. tastes almost like water sometimes, depends how well you mix it.

in the morning the first thing i do is mix vega meal with vega oil and vanilla almond milk. i will eat that and a breakfast burrito or something, which i know isn't very nutrient dense but it doesn't feel right to go without adding something else. that keeps me full for a few hours. it's also plenty to get me through a workout if i head out the door with the pre-workout drink in my stomach. and i'm talking like, deadlifting or something.

i honestly believe that people who say vega protein tastes bad probably are lying to insult vegans. it's one of those things that is better than taking a plane to a fancy restaurant in europe and asking for the most expensive dessert. or maybe it's just bad mixed with water. i will never find out! :D
facebook.com/awaken375

chrisjs
Elephant

Re: Re: Vega shake

#18 Postby chrisjs » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:34 pm

awaken375 wrote:i honestly believe that people who say vega protein tastes bad probably are lying to insult vegans. it's one of those things that is better than taking a plane to a fancy restaurant in europe and asking for the most expensive dessert.
Vega tastes bad and costs about the same as a trip to Europe.

Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”