Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Insanity - My Impression
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:05 pm 
Manatee

Something interesting I noticed today in the Max Interval Cardio today. I am suppose to do the fit test today, but I decided to do one of the more advanced videos just for a taste. I was fast forwarding through this video to see what it is like. I noticed that between two of the exercises that Shaun T went from sweaty and glossy, to dry. I am wondering if they didn't edit in a longer break? It could also just be a change in the lighting, but it does look a wee suspicious.

Http://www.NellieMcKay.com

"I don't eat rabbit food, I eat elephant food!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:27 pm 
Manatee

I have decided to give this program a go as well. I have read great things about it & a friend had it available, so I figured, why not. My current routine is feeling stale, I need a change. After reading this thread I feel motivated to do it.

If all goes as planned, I will start tomorrow! :)

I have made it a habit to get back into the mindset that every workout is war. All-out, 100% do-it-or-die-trying war. If you want to get bigger and/or stronger, lifting won't be fun most days.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:09 am 
Rabbit

Ducati wrote:
Something interesting I noticed today in the Max Interval Cardio today. I am suppose to do the fit test today, but I decided to do one of the more advanced videos just for a taste. I was fast forwarding through this video to see what it is like. I noticed that between two of the exercises that Shaun T went from sweaty and glossy, to dry. I am wondering if they didn't edit in a longer break? It could also just be a change in the lighting, but it does look a wee suspicious.

perhaps they have to do several takes, or even splice different days. They probably have several breaks or even redo scenes. I noticed some editing spaces in p90x like that as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:44 am 
Gorilla

Ducati wrote:
I did the first first insanity video today. It was the Plyometric Cardio Circuit.

I think the routine is very good. It is not as bad as I thought it would be and there are plenty of breaks. It is harder than the plyo in P90X as it is more cardio focused. The P90X is harder in the sense that your legs will burn to no end. I didn't feel as much burn in the insanity, but I did run out of energy with the heart really pounding. It is shorter than the P90X video, but I like that. The P90X videos have a few too many breaks between each exercise. Insanity is bam bam bam bam bam break.

Most of the exercises are simple that you figure out the move real quick. Some are a bit awkward to start, but once you get the step, it is easy to keep them going. The editing is a bit annoying sometimes because they show Shaun T do one move, then jump to someones face before you have the move down and you are just whipping arms and legs around with no clear idea of how to do the exercise until they jump back to Shaun T. But most exercises are repeated 3 or 4 times each, so at least you know it for the next round.

The marketing before the thing starts is so annoying. There must be 5 minutes of advertisements. I kept having to fast forward through it and it seemed like a lot for a bunch of videos in which you paid. I will rip them to my computer and cut out the marketing crap.

Shaun T is a good motivator. I like Tony Horton better for his humor and his focus on form and technique. Shaun T doesn't get as detailed into the form even during stretching. I like the detail because even if you know what the perfect form is, just hearing someone say "back straight" will help remind you when you are tired.

I have never gone through an entire liter of water on such a short workout before. You definitely will sweat like mad.

I do like that there is more stretching than P90X. The stretches are more intense and for a longer period of time. I also found that at the end of the workout, the stretching is easier then after any P90X video which means my body doesn't get quite as warmed up in P90X as in insanity.

Insanity has more side to side than P90X which I think is better for balance and stabilizer muscles.

Overall, I like it very much and I am excited to see the other videos. I will post more impressions as I move through the videos.

I am also doing the Insanity program and just finished my second week. It's tough, but I LOVE it! And I'm definitely seeing improvements in stamina, body, health--you name it.

And oh yeah, I go through two bottles of water during the workout. You WILL sweat.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com