Wow - I didn't know I was this far gone, lol...Insanity wkt

katz

I started the Insanity workout today. The fit test...wow, guess I wasn't as "fit" as I thought I was. I had been doing cardio warmup before weightlifting, and also running a couple times per week...but...

I found the fit test to be more strenuous than I am used to, at this point anyway. Maybe 10 years ago, I was doing a lot of cardio/endurance & I know I could have performed better at that time.

I had to stop a few times throughout the vid., especially on those "squat jump" movements and other big explosive movements like that. After the fit test, I did legs, so I am basically spent at this point.

I am going to attempt to keep up a BB regimen while doing the Insanity, we'll see how it goes, don't want to burn out.

So, that's where I'm at. Looks like an awesome series, I am excited about doing it. I was also looking at the "CrossFit" program but I can guarantee you I am not ready for that. Check out the "Nasty Girls" vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDYpEtwimZE

Man...there's no way I am even close to that level...

Onward - Upward!

Well, I made it through a week of this "insanity", no pun intended. As Ducati mentioned in his thread, the "commercials" are very annoying. I am in the process of editing all that out. (almost done)

Anyway, this is my first "intense" cardio routine that I have ever done. I've done cardio tapes/dvd's in years past, but none have been as intense as this. I am seeing results after just this first week. My belly has become smaller, I notice I don't have to "suck it in" as much as I was before! (lol)

Shoulders/arms are more "filled out", you can see abs/obliques where they were covered by a smooth layer of fat previously. What is most interesting is that my core has a "tight" feeling to it;

I just have a tighter, more trim feeling around my entire midsection, and that is a cool feeling.

I can't keep up the pace with most of the movements, and I take more breaks than they do (but I keep moving). I find it interesting that even the fitness instructors in the group have a problem keeping pace and have to stop at times, so I don't feel too bad...

At this rate, I am excited to see the results that the coming weeks will bring. I like the fact that there are so many workouts (14 dvd's) as I tend to get bored easily doing the same thing over & over.

Also, I have been continuing with the weightlifting while on this pgm. I do the insanity first, then hit the weights for about 20 - 25 min.

I find I can handle more weight since I have been doing this. Must be because I am more thoroughly warmed up now...

Happy with the results!

• 1 month later...

Fast forward to present;

I am currently on week 6. I am a week behind, due to an unexpected situation that came up. Actually 2 weeks behind, because I did the recovery week twice, since I had to sit one week out with little to no physical activity.

Anyway, it is a blast! I really love this program; I am the kind of person who likes to workout at max intensity, and this one does it for me.

Because of my time constraints, I have only had time to do 2 fit tests; the initial one, which was a total bomb, not even worth listing, and then the second one, which was at the start of week 3.

Fit test - week 3

Switch Kicks - 47

Squat Jacks - 40

Power Knees - 65

Power Jumps - 18/15

Globe Jumps - 7

Suicide Jumps - 8

Push Up Jacks - 12/20

Low Plank Obliques - 22

Numbers not that good at that time, I know. As you can see, my endurance was way down...I start off great, but quickly run out of steam.

I am sure my present numbers are a lot better than that. I will schedule the next fit test in, which is next Monday & post the current numbers then.

At this point, I am able to keep up with the vid. & not have to really take too many rest breaks - I just keep pushing it!

If you are looking to get into great shape/increase endurance in a relatively short period of time, give Insanity a go - you won't regret it!

I did Monday's fit test today, 'cause I knew I wouldn't have time tomorrow. Here are the results of both tests for comparison.

First Fit Test - week 3

Switch Kicks - 47

Squat Jacks - 40

Power Knees - 65

Power Jumps - 33

Globe Jumps - 7

Suicide Jumps - 8

Push Up Jacks - 32

Low Plank Obliques - 22

Second Fit Test - week 6

Switch Kicks – 108

Squat Jacks – 68

Power Knees – 110

Power Jumps – 36

Globe Jumps – 12

Suicide Jumps - 21

Push Up Jacks – 39

Low Plank Obliques - 38

I'm happy with those numbers. It is neat when you can see the results on paper & know you are making progress.

• 2 weeks later...
I did this program for the full round and am now doing a hybrid of it and P90X. WTG on the progress!!!

I would like to do that, but there aren't enough available hours in my day for all that working out!

Nah, it's not so bad! You just switch out the P90X cardio for the Insanity cardio.

First Fit Test - week 3

Switch Kicks - 47

Squat Jacks - 40

Power Knees - 65

Power Jumps - 33

Globe Jumps - 7

Suicide Jumps - 8

Push Up Jacks - 32

Low Plank Obliques - 22

Second Fit Test - week 6

Switch Kicks – 108

Squat Jacks – 68

Power Knees – 110

Power Jumps – 36

Globe Jumps – 12

Suicide Jumps - 21

Push Up Jacks – 39

Low Plank Obliques - 38

Final Week Fit Test

10-27-2010

Numbers not an improvement at all...

In fact, mostly worse than the previous one. My lower back is acting up right now so I couldn't push it like I would have liked to.

I had a body wrap on to support the lower back & I still was feeling uncomfortable, so I had to back off.

On a good day those numbers would have been higher I'm sure, but today wasn't that day...

Switch Kicks – 123

Squat Jacks – 61

Power Knees – 116

Power Jumps – 50

Globe Jumps – 9

Suicide Jumps - 20

Push Up Jacks – 35

Low Plank Obliques - 35

Overall, I know I'm in much better/fitter shape than when I started out, but you do like to see those improvements on paper, as kind of a written confirmation, y'know?

• 1 month later...

Well high intensity interval workouts are much different from regular cardio and weight training.. they boost your energy, and over time these specific workouts become easier.

Insanity is a waste of money imo... I've seen people get better results from bodyrock.tv; the workouts are similar (if not more intense) and completely free... you don't even need equipment.

Normal insanity workouts are too easy for me, but my arms aren't nearly strong enough to do what they're doing in that crossfit video. One thing is for sure, the lower body exercises in insanity are way weaker than body rock... so I guess it depends on what kind of body you want.