Any other soccer players?

Discuss Cycling, Marathons, Endurance Sports, Martial Arts, Yoga, all other sports

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

xbillyx
Manatee

Any other soccer players?

#1 Postby xbillyx » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:27 pm

I grew up playing soccer and have recently gotten back into the sport. I played in an indoor league last winter and will be doing the same this winter.

I'm currently playing in trail shoes because I can't find vegan cleats.
Murder is a family value in almost every home. Murder is a family value three times a day. - Remembering Never

Jason X
Gorilla

Re: Any other soccer players?

#2 Postby Jason X » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:03 pm

Are you serious? There are TONS of synthetic cleats out there! I actually play rugby in a pair of synthetic KANGAROO cleats from Nike. (the 360 Maiestro - or whatever the damn $200 option is...)

They also make the FG's in synthetic (in 3 different cleat styles. I've got a black pair in both dry ground cleat and indoor shoe gum sole)

Adidas makes a few options (as well as their new Adizero or whatever superlightweight gizmo they released for the world cup.)

You can find 'em anywhere! for $30 you can get a pair of ... shit...what's the company. Not umbro...not diadora... uhhh...they have them at dicks... sorry. drew a blank.

(i would play soccer if it didn't conflict with rugby and work)
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." - Brian O'Driscoll

xbillyx
Manatee

#3 Postby xbillyx » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:18 pm

I've never seen any vegan soccer cleats. I must be looking in the wrong places. Now that I live in the middle of nowhere Canada I'm sure I won't be able to find them here. I remember checking online last year and saw tons of vegans asking the same thing.

Is that what I ask for if I go looking for them in a store? Synthetic?

I just found out my indoor soccer season starts next week!
Murder is a family value in almost every home. Murder is a family value three times a day. - Remembering Never

Jason X
Gorilla

#4 Postby Jason X » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:44 am

Yeah, synthetic. You'll find a lot. Sorry, I meant to reply to this a few days ago, but I lost reception while it was loading and didn't take.

Nike is the only company that has said they use a glue strictly not from an animal base, which is rad, because nike's fit really well. My feet, at least.

But the $50 version of the tiempo"s (the fg, I think) are synthetic. And they're awesome.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad." - Brian O'Driscoll

xbillyx
Manatee

#5 Postby xbillyx » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:38 pm

I'm pretty sure these turf shoes are vegan: Puma v5.08 SL TT. http://www.soccerstop.ca/footwear/puma-v5-08-sl-tt.html

Agree? Am I missing anything?

Jason X
Gorilla

#6 Postby Jason X » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:05 pm

The uppers are fake, the glue we don't know about, but that's no different than vans or chuck taylors or whatever other shoes anybody else wears. I generally go by upper in my decision.

You're good.

xbillyx
Manatee

#7 Postby xbillyx » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:21 am

I was just in a store and saw the Nike Total 90 iii turf shoes. Do you know if these happen to be vegan? A quick search online looks promising but I can't find too much info.

Jason X
Gorilla

#8 Postby Jason X » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:43 am

Sometimes nike depends on the color, but I think you're good on those. I can't be 100% sure, but I'm running about 95%.

xbillyx
Manatee

#9 Postby xbillyx » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks Jason. I'm going to give Nike a call and see if they can tell me for sure.

xbillyx
Manatee

#10 Postby xbillyx » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:34 am

Just got off the phone with Nike. The Total90 Shoot III TF (turf) soccer cleat is vegan! Awesome.

xbillyx
Manatee

#11 Postby xbillyx » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:37 pm

I tried on the pair of turf shoes and they fit great. I now own a nice, new pair of vegan turf shoes!

Return to “General Fitness/Other Sports”