Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ultimate Fighting
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:12 am 
Manatee

Very good question. I would pick vitor over henderson solely because I would much rather see belfort vs silva than I'd like to see henderson vs silva 2. Eventhough I like hendo as a fighter better.
As for ortiz vs franklin I would like to see franklin beat ortiz BUT I wouldn't at all be dissapointed if ortiz beat the tar outta franklin via ground n pound.
As for dana being back in the tito ortiz fight business it looks like they kissed and made up since in one of dana's "tweets" he said welcome back tito.

http://myspace.com/jimmybshmitty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:28 pm 
Rabbit

ronnie kray wrote:
On the other hand, you did call me a nuthugger. which is ok, I wasn’t really offended. I actually thought it was kinda funny :D In the same way, I tried to be funny in return by posting the facepalm. Hope you didn’t take offense to that.

Nah no offense taken, just a bit of forum rough and tumble.

I think there's an argument to say that handing Brock the first Mir fight was no favour. Compare Brock's UFC debut with Crocop for example, and think about where they were in their respective careers. Who was more in need of a gentle opener? Brock was getting paid a lot more than established fighters, but as I say, the issue is the low pay of the other fighters imo. Dana loves to talk about how on a single UFC card you can have so many great matchups while a top boxing event might have one superfight and a poor undercard. He neglects to mention that the entire fighter budget for that card doesn't come to what the boxer will earn.

To me Brock poses the problem that heavyweight mma has to answer, that's why I enjoy seeing him fight (maybe "enjoy" is too strong a word). If we are going to pretend that the bottom game is viable at heavyweight we need to match it up with a dominant wrestler at the top of the weight scale.

I think you are overstating the level of sportsmanship in mma vs other sports. Off the top of my head, I don't remember much love between Marcus Davis and Dan Hardy recently, even after the fight. Junie Browning hasn't exactly covered himself with glory. Babalu holding onto the choke for too long, Henderson claiming the "late" punch on Bisping was to shut his mouth. Didn't Phil Baroni punch a ref?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:45 pm 
Gorilla

el_flaco wrote:
I think you are overstating the level of sportsmanship in mma vs other sports. Off the top of my head, I don't remember much love between Marcus Davis and Dan Hardy recently, even after the fight. Junie Browning hasn't exactly covered himself with glory. Babalu holding onto the choke for too long, Henderson claiming the "late" punch on Bisping was to shut his mouth. Didn't Phil Baroni punch a ref?

On that note, the latest round of shit talking between Ramapage and Mohammed Lawal is getting pretty intense.

http://rampage.fighthype.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:12 pm 
Gorilla

I do remember Davis and Hardy give each other a half assed hand shake and a “good fight” in post fight interviews. Seems Hardy was more willing to bury the hatchet than Davis (maybe because he won), but they did attempt to show some sportsmanship. I don’t know about Baroni, but I remember Gilbert Yvel having an altercation with a ref, horrible sportsmanship. and UGH… don’t get me started on Junie Browning. I stopped watching that whole season because of him. i can't believe how much they let him get away with. You can just look thru the ultimate fighter thread to see what I thought of him. He’s sorta like brock’s mini-me, equally dis-gusting behavior in 1/8 the size, haha.

I hear that there’s a UFC press conference being held on Friday. Hopefully that will answer the questions about who’s coming over and what’s the main event at UFC 103.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:53 am 
Rabbit

ronnie kray wrote:
don’t get me started on Junie Browning. I stopped watching that whole season because of him. i can't believe how much they let him get away with.

Lol, I walked away from the show during that series too. Just not interested in watching that kind of behaviour, not even Kimbo can tempt me back. To be honest the format was getting old for me anyway. It took me a while, but I eventually realise the TUF guys weren't very good or very interesting. It bothers me a bit that they get so much post-TUF exposure.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:16 am 
Rabbit

In other news;

Tito Ortiz back in the UFC! YES! This is awesome,i really think its great that he is back!

Vitor belfort bac in UFC! Awesome! Good times,i am buzzing about the Belfort vs Franklin fight and Tito may well be fighting mark coleman.

:boxer:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:53 pm 
Gorilla

i think Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort is a lot better than the original main event. and he's been on a good streak as of late, so def good to bring him back.

Ortiz is back. i just hope he focuses more on his training than his trash talk. and please stop doing that silly gravedigger routine at the end of every fight he wins, haha.

they also signed Dan Lauzon, Ben Rothwell, and Paul Daley. i'm interested in seeing how all those fighters do in the UFC.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:56 pm 
Gorilla

ronnie kray wrote:
i think Rich Franklin vs Vitor Belfort is a lot better than the original main event. and he's been on a good streak as of late, so def good to bring him back.

Ortiz is back. i just hope he focuses more on his training than his trash talk. and please stop doing that silly gravedigger routine at the end of every fight he wins, ,haha.

they also signed Dan Lauzon, Ben Rothwell, and Paul Daley. i'm interested in seeing how all those fighters do in the UFC.

Full list of Affliction guys Zuffa signed:

UFC
Paul Buentello
Dan Lauzon
Paul Daley
Chase Gormley
Ben Rothwell
Rafaello Oliveira

WEC
Javier Vazquez
L.C. Davis
Mark Hominick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:05 pm 
Manatee

I don't see tito not talking trash. He really knows how to hype a fight. He just won't be talking trash about dana anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:07 pm 
Manatee

I'm not very thrilled about a catch weight fight between belfort and franklin. Just because its a catchweight really. Should be a real barn burner!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:25 am 
Gorilla

this doesn't have much to do with anything, but i thought you guys might find it funny. i went to see Public Enemies last night. to my surprise, Don Frye has a small role in it. i recognized him right off the bat, he plays one of the hired guns from Texas that Christian Bale's character brings in to help hunt down John Dillinger. here's the best part... appropriately enough, his character's name is Mr. HURT, haha!

and oh yeah, there is an event this weekend. anybody watching?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:36 am 
Elephant

definately will be watching. Am more interested in this then other cards that have more hyped up matches. Been waiting to see Kenflo on BJ. BJ belongs at 155 as does Kenflo so both will be right at home. I also want to see Forrest try to avoid embarrassment in his fight against Anderson. You know my thoughts on a lower weight division fighter kicking the ass of a Higher weight (and typically greater lauded division) fighter. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:11 pm 
Rabbit

I'm totally against a title holding champion fighting in a different division. When you do you leave a division without a champ. There may be a 175 lbs fighter who could kick the crap out of the 175 lbs champ, but he's off fooling about in another division and the contender never gets his shot. This is what happened when BJ Penn was toying in other weight classes. I like Anderson Silva and Forrest Griffin, and they'll get my money so I can see it, but any champ needs to stick to his weight class until he's beaten.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:10 am 
Gorilla

^ interesting point i had not thought of before. after last night i heard talk of Anderson Silva moving up permanently to Light Heavyweight. i don't see the point in that, since he said current champ Machida and him are great friends and he would never fight him for the title. i don't think he should go into the division if he does not intend to go for the belt someday. i guess he could wait until Machida loses, but who knows how long that would be.

so did anyone see the event last night? i was a bit confused at first by Griffin's quick exit. i heard at first that it was an injury and he ran out to get medical attention, but those stories were not true. so i guess he was just too emotional to deal with this loss. remember him after the fight with Jardine?

i think i know what Florian was trying to do, but it just didn't work for him. too bad, he worked a long way to get his 2nd title shot and it must be heartbreaking for him to lose. i like how fast Penn was with the rear naked choke. he saw the opening, and BAM, we all knew it was over.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:02 am 
Rabbit

Another reason to hate Brock lesnar,this is from issue one of the UFC magazine;

`The best stake you can find is at ...I have some freinds in the cattle business in south dakota.you go there,find one you want,shoot that fucker right in the head,and drag it to the butchers shop`.

:evil: i wish someone would shoot him in the head.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next