Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ultimate Fighter 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:01 am 
Manatee

I just wanted to start this thread because ive been watching it and i was wondering if anyone else here has too. :D
To start off 2 good teams. But i want Titos team to win. Mainly because i dont really like Ken Shamrock.
So far team Tito 2 wins 1 loss and vice versa for Team Shamrock.

http://myspace.com/jimmybshmitty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:28 am 
Elephant

Hey man-
Yeah, a bunch of us have been watching. There's a whole lot of opinions in the thread just a couple down from this one ("Ultimate Fighting") - check it out when you get a chance. Some good catch-up reading for you before this Thurs night.

"Let's get it on!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:23 am 
Gorilla

tito seems like a really good and supportive coach. the last episode i saw he was very encouraging to his guys. lots of "great work, way to go, awesome job guys" sort of stuff. he doesn't seem to be the jerk that everyone makes him out to be. at least not to his team anyways. i notice that change when he deals with his opponents though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:01 am 
Elephant

Agreed. It's funny - Tito is a more supportive coach, AND works them harder. Shamrock is Mr. Tough Guy, and then gives them days off. :?: :?:

Mike pounded poor Kristian last night. K was wobbly several times in that match. They never really showed what caused that top-of-the-head cut - I guess it was a knee, but it was an odd spot and a wide, nasty cut. I figured he must have somehow got it from a post or something.

Rant time:
Too many friggin' commercials! Ugh. I'm all for hot, fit ladies wearing next to nothing, but I'm watching Spike at that time to see guys smashing each other, not girls snapping each other's bikini straps every 3 mintues.
:x

Ok, rant over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:24 am 
Gorilla

ronnie kray wrote:
tito seems like a really good and supportive coach. the last episode i saw he was very encouraging to his guys. lots of "great work, way to go, awesome job guys" sort of stuff. he doesn't seem to be the jerk that everyone makes him out to be. at least not to his team anyways. i notice that change when he deals with his opponents though.

It's funny, he has a terrible attitude, and is a disresepctful douchebag during pre and post fight interviews, but he seems like a nice guy and a really good coach outside of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:24 pm 
Manatee

You know what i think the thing with Tito is. He loves to get people riled up. He'll basically say anything to piss his opponent off to the point they want to knock his block off. Then he stomps them. Well most the time. And thats how he gets most of his fights. People dispise(sp?) him so much they want to fight. Its a mind game in my opinion. You can tell hes a caring person. As you can see on TUF3.
Side note: I want Tito to smash Shamrocks face in again in the rematch between those two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:16 pm 
Gorilla

i work on thursday nights, so i have to wait for the encore on saturday. i saw it last night. the fights this season have been much better than last season's fights. this time last season we had not seen a knockout or a submission. impressive skills by the brit, mike. that was a strange place to have a gash. i'm sure the network loved it. you know, if it bleeds it leads.

those new xyience commercials are just a little too cheesy. rich franklin and matt hughes are great in interviews. when they are talking about their game plans, they are naturals on the mic. but you can tell they are a little awkward when given a script to read and asked to act. it's a little uncomfortable to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:25 am 
Manatee

After mike hit kristian with that knee it was all over. Kristians game plan went out the window. I mean did you see when he finally did get mike to the ground it was like he didnt know what he should do. And that was def a bloody fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:22 pm 
Manatee

This last fight was pretty good. I kinda wanted Salomon to win that one. But obviously Rory was just a little bit better. I mean that kick, well turned into a knee, knocked Salomon out cold. He was so out of it he got up asking "who won??"
I cant wait to see Ed Herman fight though. I think hes gonna do good. Hes from Oregon too so im rootin for him. Either him or Matt (The Deaf kid).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:29 pm 
Elephant

BJJVegan wrote:
This last fight was pretty good. I kinda wanted Salomon to win that one. But obviously Rory was just a little bit better. I mean that kick, well turned into a knee, knocked Salomon out cold. He was so out of it he got up asking "who won??"
I cant wait to see Ed Herman fight though. I think hes gonna do good. Hes from Oregon too so im rootin for him. Either him or Matt (The Deaf kid).

I don't know how well he'll do in another fight. I was very suprised when he won.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:41 am 
Gorilla

BJJVegan wrote:

that kinda made me giggle. generally, if you have to ask who won... chances are it was not you.

rory's win was unexpected, mostly because he seemed a little unsure of himself. but once again tito shows his good side. his support and encouragement after round 1 really helped rory out. and it was tito who suggested to use a kick, which worked out perfectly. and solomon goes down, and out cold. i like this season show far. except for all the commercials.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:52 am 
Elephant

Note to Dana: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a FIGHT on each show. That high school wussbag crapola wedged in between commercials last night was nauseating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:07 am 
Elephant

finbarrio wrote:
Note to Dana: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a FIGHT on each show. That high school wussbag crapola wedged in between commercials last night was nauseating.

Agreed. I can't believe he left!!! He is going to look back on this and be SO sorry he did.

So, who's coming back? Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:32 am 
Gorilla

wtf? somebody left? that sucks. i didn't see the episode last night because of my work schedule. now i am very curious to see the encore this saturday. this is like a cliffhanger to me. tune in tomorrow to find out who leaves.

hell i don't mind the spoilers. i don't wanna wait til saturday to find out. someone tell me what happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:38 am 
Elephant

ronnie kray wrote:
wtf? somebody left? that sucks. i didn't see the episode last night because of my work schedule. now i am very curious to see the encore this saturday. this is like a cliffhanger to me. tune in tomorrow to find out who leaves.

hell i don't mind the spoilers. i don't wanna wait til saturday to find out. someone tell me what happened.

But that would spoil your viewing experience :P