Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: If you could, then what would you be?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:23 am 
Offline
Finch

Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Norfolk, Va.
First of all, let it be noted that I'm supposed to be studying for a test I have today, but I'm procrastinating. Anyway, the main question is if you could be any type of professional, e.g. bodybuilder, ninja warrior, MMA fighter, marathoner, world strongest man, etc. then what would you be? Also, who currently motivates you in your chosen field of athletics? Finally, do you think a world strongest man that crossed over to MMA would dominate in the heavy weight?

Questions To The Point:
- What type of professional athlete would you be?
- Who motivates you in that particular field, and others?
- Would a strong man dominate in MMA?

My Answers:
- I have a tie between being a professional world strongest man and a IFBB pro.
- The people who motivate me in WSM are Magnus Samuelsson, Derek Poundstone, and , Mikhail Koklyaev,then in IFBB Kai Greene for his mental approach to the sport, but all the IFBB pros today are incredible in stature.
- As far as a WSM dominating in MMA, I think it is definitely possible (utilizing many Donkey Kong hammer fist similar to Brock Lesner) the only issue would possibly be stamina, but I could be wrong.

What do you think?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could, then what would you be?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:07 pm 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:51 pm
Posts: 638
Location: Vienna, Austria
RipVanWinkle wrote:
- Would a strong man dominate in MMA?

...

- As far as a WSM dominating in MMA, I think it is definitely possible (utilizing many Donkey Kong hammer fist similar to Brock Lesner) the only issue would possibly be stamina, but I could be wrong.

Yes you are wrong, this is a ridicoulous question. MMA is a very technical sport, pure strength wont take you very far. Comparing to Brock Lesnar is pretty far fetched, besides having a freaky physique he also had a very solid wrestling background which allowed him to stay on top and utilize ground and pound effectively.
Besides, Pudzianowski has allready tried it, even though he is probably one of the strongest and most athletic strongman competitors he havent done very good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could, then what would you be?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 pm 
Offline
Finch

Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Norfolk, Va.
bronco wrote:
RipVanWinkle wrote:
- Would a strong man dominate in MMA?

...

- As far as a WSM dominating in MMA, I think it is definitely possible (utilizing many Donkey Kong hammer fist similar to Brock Lesner) the only issue would possibly be stamina, but I could be wrong.

Yes you are wrong, this is a ridicoulous question. MMA is a very technical sport, pure strength wont take you very far. Comparing to Brock Lesnar is pretty far fetched, besides having a freaky physique he also had a very solid wrestling background which allowed him to stay on top and utilize ground and pound effectively.
Besides, Pudzianowski has allready tried it, even though he is probably one of the strongest and most athletic strongman competitors he havent done very good.


Just because one person tired and did not succeed does not make the idea ridiculous.Give me a WSM who has trained in martial arts, or wrestling, in his childhood, and I'm sure he will be capable to hold his own in MMA. Broc Lesnar has great size and strength plus he has been trained to spear his opponent, mount them, and smash their face in. In comparison WSM has great size and strength, but the only thing one of them is missing is the training, so I see no reasons that one of them with sufficient training could dominate. Especially because the knock out power a WSM would posses. Finally, no I am not wrong in asking the question. You are wrong for being so quick to deny a possibility...just because something has not happened, does not mean its happening is impossible. Anyway, try to be more open minded and relax...life works better that way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you could, then what would you be?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:10 pm 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:51 pm
Posts: 638
Location: Vienna, Austria
RipVanWinkle wrote:
Just because one person tired and did not succeed does not make the idea ridiculous.

Sorry, I think my ranting made you miss my points. I did not mean to imply that pudz failing was proof that it is not possible, just anecdotal eveidence. If you understand that different sports require different skillsets, and that top level athlete are highly specialized, the question seems a bit ridicoulous.

RipVanWinkle wrote:
Give me a WSM who has trained in martial arts, or wrestling, in his childhood, and I'm sure he will be capable to hold his own in MMA.

Sure, depending on your definition of holding ones own. I assumed by dominating you meant becoming a top heavyweight, which wouldnt be possible, or at least extremely unlikely.

RipVanWinkle wrote:
Broc Lesnar has great size and strength plus he has been trained to spear his opponent, mount them, and smash their face in. In comparison WSM has great size and strength, but the only thing one of them is missing is the training, so I see no reasons that one of them with sufficient training could dominate. Especially because the knock out power a WSM would posses.

Brock Lesnar was succesful because he has great size and strength and fifteen years of top level wrestling training. To say that the only thing stopping a WSM to dominate MMA is that he has no training in MMA is of course correct, but a bit nonsensical. You also needs to realize that knock out power depends a lot on technique and power, so without lots of specialized training some random WSM guy would come nowhere near a skilled heavyweight fighter.

RipVanWinkle wrote:
Finally, no I am not wrong in asking the question. You are wrong for being so quick to deny a possibility...just because something has not happened, does not mean its happening is impossible. Anyway, try to be more open minded and relax...life works better that way.

Sorry, of course you can ask any questions you like, did not mean to imply otherwise.
Being openminded is not the same as being oblivious to the differences between different sport. The false believe that a big and strong guy is automatically a good fighter is a pretty old misconception.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group