Your Muscle Flex Plan

Right... Menshealth is part of what is wrong in this country. While the routine may be solid I have no doubts that their angle is to sell you some type of product and sell and spam your email address; I would also being willing to wager that whatever garbage product they are hocking doesn't have any of the tenets of veganism in mind.

I don't get impression that Men's

Health is trying to sell anything other than more issues, because each one is filled with pure "this will get you sex" nonsense. Most if their recommendations conflict with other ones they give--even within the same issue.

Their recommendations based on obscure studies are hilariously bad.

I don't get impression that Men's

Health is trying to sell anything other than more issues, because each one is filled with pure "this will get you sex" nonsense. Most if their recommendations conflict with other ones they give--even within the same issue.

Their recommendations based on obscure studies are hilariously bad.

Any type of publication like this gets the majority of their revenue from advertising, the only reason they want more subscribers is because then they can charge advertisers more money because they have xx amount of subscribers. This is why many mags give out free or dirt cheap subscriptions, if they show that they have 10 million annual subscribers they can charge advertisers based on that high number of subscriptions, it doesn't matter that those subscribers paid $3.99 for the annual subscription.

If you don't think that makes anything they publish slightly biased then you're their demographic.

Yes I know how the magazine market works for publications like this. The point I was trying to make is that this particular magazine focuses more on writing about stereotypical male insecurities to get people to keep reading their nonsense plans and pick up the next issue.

So yes while they are pushing their advertisers as much add they need to, they pretend they are independent and trying to help men out on those things all men need to worry about: impotence, going bald, not looking like were cast for the movie 300, etc. (If not obvious, this is sarcasm.)

They play into or create these insecurities to keep the circulation numbers up. Sure this is to sell ads but how they do it is by pushing their own cult of followers who believe their advice.

Yes I know how the magazine market works for publications like this. The point I was trying to make is that this particular magazine focuses more on writing about stereotypical male insecurities to get people to keep reading their nonsense plans and pick up the next issue.

So yes while they are pushing their advertisers as much add they need to, they pretend they are independent and trying to help men out on those things all men need to worry about: impotence, going bald, not looking like were cast for the movie 300, etc. (If not obvious, this is sarcasm.)

They play into or create these insecurities to keep the circulation numbers up. Sure this is to sell ads and products but how they do it is by pushing their own cult of followers who believe their advice.

They're still selling something. So I guess we agree.

They play into or create these insecurities to keep the circulation numbers up. Sure this is to sell ads but how they do it is by pushing their own cult of followers who believe their advice.

Nail on the head right there.