NBA Playoffs 2012

I predicted the Nash and Howard acquisitions by the Lakers months ago

Check it out.

I wasn't perfectly accurate, but nailed down most of their starting line-up

Dude, I was only one game off when I predicted a sweep.

So we're both right on par. OKC is really good.

Also, not sure if you've thought about this, but the distance between where I live to San Antonio is about the same as Corvallis to Portland. I'm just a little over an hour away. I'm almost thinking of driving over there on a game night just to feel the buzz around the area, but not sure I will.

I was living in LA during the finals when they were in it a couple of years ago.

Check it out. I had a dream last night that might be a solution for the Lakers (my least favorite team in pro sports).

Ready for this?

Trade Bynum and Gasol for Dwight Howard.

Trade Artest + cash/draft picks or role players for Deron Williams

Acquire Steve Nash for cheap to play back-up to Williams, while adding leadership.

Surround the rest of the team with young guys, trading guys like Blake and Barnes for young, athletic talent.

What you're left with:

Kobe Bryant

Dwight Howard

Deron Williams

Steve Nash

and a bunch of young athletic guys.

Kobe can shoot all day long knowing Howard will get rebounds and can actually score while in the post. Williams be be the first real talented point guard the Lakers have had in a very long time, and Nash can provide that up tempo pace to roll with the young guys in the 2nd unit.

That's what I came up with last night

Nash is one of my favorite players. Even if he ends up on the Lakers, I'll still cheer against them. It's far more likely he'll end up in Dallas though (although those guys added older players like Vince Carter and got ousted by a younger, more athletic team in the Thunder).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they still have Bynum, Gasol or world peace? Your dream prediction was pretty impressive! So glad they didn't get Daron Williams too. BK needs him and would have actually been a playoff team first year I think if they the Howard trade went through.

• 9 months later...

How did we sleep on a 2013 playoff thread? Its turned out to be super dramatic. If you asked me beginning of the season I would have said the heat vs the lakers everyone else might as well not even play but its been crazy. Cant believe how well the Pacers are playing and giving the Heat such a hard time. The spurs too, everyone counts the out because they are old and boring and play fundamental ball. But damn they smoked the Grizzlies. I think they have a decent shot this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...
1 hour ago, fr33d0santana said:

Hey guys! Could you please tell me why NBA players remove insoles when giving shoes? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Howdy! NBA players often remove the insoles from their shoes before giving them away as a gesture of goodwill or charity. By removing the insoles, they are allowing the recipients to customize the fit of the shoes to their own preferences, ensuring a more comfortable and personalized experience. Also, according to this article https://realhoopers.com/why-nba-players-remove-insoles-when-giving-shoes/, some players might have endorsements or sponsorship agreements that require them to remove the insoles before giving away their shoes, as this prevents others from obtaining products that feature a competitor's branding or technology.