NBA Playoffs 2012

Anyone interested?

My favorite team, the Phoenix Suns, didn't make it to the playoffs this year, but I'm still watching just as closely.

I have a feeling it will come down to a rematch of 2007 I believe it was, between the Big 3 in San Antonio and Lebron.

This year, I will predict a Spurs vs. Heat Final with the Spurs winning it all.

I really like OKC and Chicago is strong. Clippers are fun to watch and cheer for the the Lakers are the most fun to cheer against!

Memphis has some awesome fans!

What say you?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulls had it this year but without DRose I think they are still good but not championship good.

I'm still a Blazer fan and a big DRose and Deng fan so I like the bulls but I'm jumping on the Brooklyn Nets bandwagon. Gotta rep my new home and my old home.

In the West I like OKC and Memphis. I also enjoy the Lakers losing so as long as someone beats them and they don't make the finals I'll be happy. In the East I really want to see someone beat the Heat. I had predicted Bulls before DRose got hurt again. The hot Pacers look crappy vs a Howardless Magic so I have no faith in them. The Knicks with no Linsanity can't do it. Hawks and Boston both look weak. Really I don't see anyone in the east bothering the Heat now that Rose is out. Sucks but likely the case.

Robert I just don't see the Spurs going the distance. OKC over the Heat is my prediction. Forget about Lebron proving himself as one of the best, let's see Kevin Durant have his moment and prove himself as one of the best in the game that he is.

-Dylan

PS Amare Staudamire is a dick, I never liked him, and I'm glad he busted up his hand, what kind of an idiot punches a glass fire extingisher case. If you're a professional athlete you'd think that you'd be more careful with your precious hands. Maybe he did it on purpose to save himself the embarrassment of being responsible for more Knicks losses to the Heat. If I was the Knicks manager I'd trade him as soon as his hand heals. I can't stand Amare, Howard, Lebron, or any of the other players that think they are entitled to something, like a stacked team and a handed shot at a title. You know who deserves a title? Nobody. Nobody that doesn't earn one. Maybe Steve Nash, that guy has had the short end of the stick and been one of the best players, maybe the best player ever to play that doesn't have a title (definitely the case if Lebron wins one this year).

I very much like your statement about entitlement. So many people (in life in general) have a false sense of entitlement and expect rewards without putting in sufficient effort. I always enjoy seeing people earn things, work hard, prove themselves, etc.

I remember you had a problem with Amare when he came to Portland as a member of the Suns. He was one of my favorite players on my favorite team, then. Suns are still my favorite team, but I don't follow Amare much anymore. It will be interesting to see where Nash ends up.

Looking at my predictions I realize it looks pretty silly. I picked the overall #1 seed in the West and the #2 seed in the East, but everyone's top pick for the finals, so I didn't really go out on much of a limb!

OKC will do well, but if San Antonio stays healthy, I don't think anyone can beat them.

I would love to see a Clippers vs. Lakers match up that results in Lakers going home!

That would be cool.

Go Nuggets tonight! I'm happy with Denver bouncing the Lakers out in the first round too!

Clippers? Nah. Not without Chancey. They had a crazy run and some how snuck a win in the first game vs Memphis but Memphis is strong, big, and talented and will take that series. They could surprise a lot of teams. Last year the knocked out your Spurs in the 1st round.

I also think Memphis has some of the most enthusiastic fans. I loved watching their battles in the playoffs last year with OKC, or was it Dallas?

Either way, I started to watch that team in the 2nd round of the playoff and I believe they took OKC to 7 games before finally losing and OKC advanced to play Dallas.

Should be another exciting game tonight.

I don't have TV so I just check scores online or I walk over to the gym and hope a game is on and ride the bike while watching

I'm a Celtics fan. Hopeful. Realistically, I'm not sure they have the depth to go all the way. But anything can happen. For now they're tied at 1 game a piece with the Hawks. Go Celtics!

Robert, I'm with you on the Clippers / Lakers. It would be nice to see the once cellar dwelling Clippers rise to the top.

Nice! Boston does have a great team, I just don't think they have enough weapons. And quite frankly, if you saw the Spurs play tonight or have watched the this season, I don't know if anyone can beat them.

I can't wait for the Lakers to go down, but Kobe is so good, it is hard to count the Lakers out at anytime, even against a team like the Spurs or Heat.

Bulls appear to be done (as far as a championship run, they still might make it out of the first round and likely will).

I think the defending champs are done too. Goodbye Dallas.

There were some blow-outs today and Indiana looked impressive.

I'm already looking forward to the next round.

Oh look at Boston handling the Hawks with ease. AND the Knicks actually won a game haha that's cool, good for Melo. Sad sad outlook for the Bulls.... And super sad that DRose will miss the olympics this summer, that was a gold medal waiting to happen for him too I'm sure.

Guess I'm all alone as a long time Lakers fan! They've got some big personalities (Ron Artest is a bit of a douche and that elbow on Harden was horrendous... so bad) but they'll definitely make the next round. A series between them and OKC will be pretty huge and it's hard to say who will come out on top. The last game they played was sooo intense. Derek Fisher may have ended up with a pretty good outcome from the trade

I like the Clippers too, so if the Lakers get knocked out I'd love to see them lob their way to the finals - we'll see.

Good! Someone to cheer against. I can't stand the Lakers. I have felt this way since about 1989 or 1990 when I first started watching basketball.

It is articles like this, which make me cheer for some of the smaller market teams. I like OKC and I think they'll have a very bright future, perhaps a future Spurs-like legacy is being formed before our eyes and OKC will dominate for the next decade.

I admit I do like Lebron because I think he is insanely talented, but since my team (the Suns) didn't make the playoffs, I think I might actually be cheering for OKC and the Spurs because they play the right way and do business the right way.

Read this, for another perspective on the league:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/fran_blinebury/05/07/utah-jazz-san-antonio-spurs-similar-franchise-models/index.html

Got my NBA playoff fix for the night. Hawks beat the Celtics in a super close one. Its great to see a last minute buzzer beater but I also love defense. Rondo came up with a huge steal at the end of the game to give the Celtics about 8 seconds to score and win, but the Hawks (Horford and Smith) made a big defensive stop preventing the Celtics from even getting a shot off.

There have been a bunch of close games so far!

Look at the Clippers vs. Grizzlies match-up. Two of their three games have been decided by 1 point. Amazing closeness!

Go Nuggets tonight! Beat LA! Beat LA! Beat LA! Beat LA! (I guess I should just copy and paste at this point!)

I think it is quite possible, that if LA gets past Denver, they will be swept by OKC. I would LOVE to see that! Especially since that a-hole Artest (refuse to call him "World Peace" - what an ass!) will be back.

It will perhaps more realistically be a 4-2 series with OKC marching their way to a match up with the Spurs in the Western Conference finals, but I would love to see a sweep, or perhaps better yet, a game 7 win by Denver in a few days

4 big game 6's coming up, 3 tonight and 1 tomorrow. I am rooting for 3 out of 4 of the teams that are down 2-3, Denver, Memphis, Chicago, and normally I would take Atlanta over Boston but I think Boston is better equip to give the heat a challenge so I'm pulling for them.

The only think I will say about the Clippers is Mo Williams is really stepping up and if he some how pulled a championship instead of Lebron that would be hilarious. I also like how Miller (former blazer and nugget) is fitting in nicely back with the Nuggets.

Check this video of him throwing an alley-oop from about half court: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18995134

That alley-oop is awesome! I like watching it in full speed better than slow motion.

I also noticed that Miller is playing very well. And McGee is so fun to watch (and his mom is hilarious to watch her demeanor as she watches her son play).

Go Nuggets tonight!

I don't really have a preference in the other match-ups. I don't think any of those other teams have a chance of getting very far with OKC, San Antonio and Miami in the mix. Just don't see it happening. I just like seeing the Lakers go down, and a first round ousting would be awesome! I also know that Kobe won't be messing around tonight and could lay down the hammer. If he does, OKC will take care of the Lakers in 6, if not a clean sweep.

Is Kobe playing tonight?

He missed shoot around with the team earlier today. I wonder if he's nervous about being eliminated in the first round, or if he just needs to eliminate from eating nuggets for 3 games already (borrowed that zinger from Matt Frazier on Twitter)

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/05/10/stomach-illness-puts-bryants-status-for-game-6-in-doubt/