Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Get Ripped????
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:16 am 
Finch

I am 20 years old have a height of 6'2 and weighing 179lb. I've been working out for the past 2 months and have 9% bodyfat, maybe a little less not sure but 9 for sure. My question is, how do I get super ripped like Sylvester Stallone or Dolph Lundgren in Rocky 4. I don't want to bulk up too much because I'm a model and I can't be a huuuge guy because that would take a lot of my jobs away. I would like to have some good results in 2 or 3 months. Is that possible? Please help. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Get Ripped????
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:04 pm 
VBB Moderator

The more serious body builders will be able to answer this question better but to start, to get cut I've heard many times that the best method is lots of reps at low weights. The opposite is true for getting big (less reps, heavier weights, max out). Cardio will help you burn the fat and show off your muscles more. I have been told and also read that if you lift weights for an hour, continuously as possible/shortest rests between exercises as possible, and then do cardio immediately after that, that is the most efficient method to getting ripped. Of course don't forget about your diet. Diet is huge. Look through this site for info on workout plans, workouts/diet plans in the journals section, and what supplements people are taking and why.

Good luck,

Dylan

Post subject: Re: Get Ripped????
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:03 pm 
Rabbit

a few ideas, limit focused gym exercises, go for more plyo or combo exercises that hit multiple muscle groups. I'm same height and about same weight. Did gym for years. Recently, in past 3-4 months, started in with some heavy bag training (see www.ckotrainer.com) and about a month ago doing Krav Maga classes. Body is DEFINATELY more ripped. More definition, leaner, cut arms/shoulders/bak. Better cardio fitness. Not bulk but muscle where you need it.

Bonus: My 6-pack is emerging!!! and without doing a zillion situps....fighting training works your core like nobody's business!