Daniel Planteater travels the US!

Matt

http://planteater.net

Daniel's a vegan cyclist traveling across the US from Savannah, Georgia to Portland, Oregon. Not sure if anyone's heard about him doing this, but if you haven't please consider donating to help him pay for his food!

Great blog and lots of great photos. He's in Wyoming right now!

-Matt

Yeah, Robert, I thought it was cool when he started this up. I dropped him a small monetary donation for food, but never knew he was following through so quickly. Just seeing the pics and the fun he appears to be having, I want to do this someday. And he's doing it all alone! Pretty awesome.

Maybe we can organize a Vegan Fitness Team (referring to all of us who live this lifestyle) ride across country. I'll drive the SAG wagon but everyone else can ride

Would't that be cool to have 5-10 of us from the forum go on some totally long bike trip across many states, bonding and having an awesome vegan time?

Something to think about and maybe plan for some time in the future?

I would LOVE to do this. Absolutely yes. I have another young one along the way, so I couldn't do it until 2007 at the earliest. But I would love to do this.

Let's keep it in the spool, so to speak.

Thanks for the link. That guy is pretty funny.

Maybe we can organize a Vegan Fitness Team (referring to all of us who live this lifestyle) ride across country. I'll drive the SAG wagon but everyone else can ride

I would LOVE to do this. Absolutely yes. I have another young one along the way, so I couldn't do it until 2007 at the earliest. But I would love to do this.

I'd consider doing it if I could get the time off etc...

Robert- that should give you enough time to train so you don't have to drive the SAG wagon!!!

I'd love to do it too but it would need to be a supported ride...I don't wanna make my baby carry all that stuff most Cross Country cyclists take with them. Knowing me I'd run out of inner tubes before I got out of Virginia.

I'll carry tubes for you guys. No worries.

We really should do some promotion for this in advance. I think it would be a great idea. I realized looking at planteater's blog that he's riding 77 miles a day on average. That's one of the (stupid) arguments about veganism that you don't get enough calories/protein. We could definitely lay this to rest.

So what's this I hear about robert driving?

Robert can drive but he's gotta learn how to be our mechanic too:) Plus he'd have to do the cooking because we'd be tired.

That's one of the (stupid) arguments about veganism that you don't get enough calories/protein. We could definitely lay this to rest.

Couldn't agree more, especially the protein thing. For me, the calories/carbs intake is a lot harder to manage than protein. But I'm getting there.

• 2 weeks later...