Greetings!

I'd like to start out by announcing my complete noob-ness to this world. I was a vegetarian all through middle school and high school and most of my time in the military (in total, age 12-20) and now, at 22 after a year back to meat, I am dying to go back to being a vegetarian... well, now vegan. I am lactose intolerant but have always taken meds in order to consume dairy, but NO MORE!

As previously mentioned, I am 22 years young, divorced and a mother to a beautiful little boy who will be 2 years old in February. I currently live with my boyfriend who is starting the 30-Day Vegan Challenge with me in about 2 weeks along with P90X and Insanity starting this week (as of yesterday).

I have tons of books and experience when it comes to the eating and vitamins part, but I am not sure about the workout part. I'm a runner (well, I was before I got pregnant and lazy and had a kid and started college and got even more lazy) but I used to do marathons. I want to get back to that. I am currently 5'2" and 160 pounds. YIKES! I know. I hate looking at my big c-section belly in the mirror every day. That's why I'm making a change! I am battling depression and OCPD atm and that likes to add the weight on, along with my medications. But, I want to get to a point where I no longer need these medications to make it through the day. I want to be free.

All of that being said, I would like to ask a few questions to you all. My goal is to get down to 110 pounds and between 12% and 17% body fat, though I don't know what's best for me at the moment. (any advice?) And I want to ultimately have a runner's build but more upper body strength as my boyfriend and I love to go hiking and rock climbing in the mountains by our home. Running and P90X lifting along with some Asylum is our workout regime (mostly running for me) so I'm trying to find what's the best workout foods I need to have.

I currently take the pre-workout supplement Jack3d (the original formula) and yes, I really do need a pre-workout or there is no way I get anything done (right now, in the beginning anyway,) USPLabs Modern BCAA, AdvantEdge Protein Shake (post-workout) and clif protein bars. So, I need help. What needs to change? What's better for me and my goals? How much protein do I need? I really just need some help getting all of this figured out. I've searched so many websites and everything is circumstantial. So, there's my circumstance and now I need your help filling in the gaps. I'm just a noob, I don't know what I'm doing here... but I want to.

Thanks!

Protein is usually equal to about 1 gram for every pound of your body weight. I know myself trying to gain muscle mass I take in more than that, but to keep your muscles in a state where they can properly rebuild themselves, I'd suggest that. If you're trying to lose your fat, eat clean. That's the best advice I can give. Stirfries for me are really quick meal, whole wheat pasta, salads with avocado, and oatmeal for breakfast. For your energy, instead of a pre-workout, make sure you're getting tons of sleep, and try a green tea an hour before your workout.

That's my two cents, there are plenty of other members on here more knowledgeable than me