Triathlon training

xChrisZx

I think this book is a good starting point it covers all distances and any level. It also has a basic weight lifting plan you can follow. I have used it for a starting point in planning my season and just modify as needed but for most people it will cover just about anything you would want to do.

http://www.amazon.com/Triathlete-Magazines-Essential-Week--Training/dp/0446696765/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360430219&sr=8-1&keywords=week+by+week+triathlon+training

I'll try and find something for you bro, I did triathlons for many years and my wifes' cousin is ranked #1 in the world at triathlon.

Is it Olympic distance or a sprint one? How long have you got to get ready and what fitness base are you at right now? Cheers MF.

I am not doing a Sprint Tri (actually a dualthon) until May. My fitness right now is slacking due to laziness at the moment. I have only be doing some weight training and occasional ride on the trainer during the week.

Cycling is my strong sport. I signed up for a sprint tri last year with only 2 weeks to figure out how to run properly. I did better than expected.

I am hoping to do more Tri's this year and make it my main focus fitness wise.

And rambling... done.

I think this book is a good starting point it covers all distances and any level. It also has a basic weight lifting plan you can follow. I have used it for a starting point in planning my season and just modify as needed but for most people it will cover just about anything you would want to do.

http://www.amazon.com/Triathlete-Magazines-Essential-Week--Training/dp/0446696765/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360430219&sr=8-1&keywords=week+by+week+triathlon+training

Thanks dude! I am going to order this tonight.

I got the Triathlon Training Bible when I first started and it wasn't really helpful in getting going on training as it doesn't have workouts or sample training plans. That said it does have a lot of great information but it didn't really become practical until a year or so into racing when I had started to get a better understanding of the sport from experience.

I got the Triathlon Training Bible when I first started and it wasn't really helpful in getting going on training as it doesn't have workouts or sample training plans. That said it does have a lot of great information but it didn't really become practical until a year or so into racing when I had started to get a better understanding of the sport from experience.

Thanks for the heads up on that. I am going to hold off on that one for now and order the one your suggested.

Thanks again!