Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Water blister on toe - OUCH!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:22 pm 
Manatee

I did a lot of walking over the weekend & developed a mid-sized water blister between the big & second toe. :(

Aside from draining it (although I have read of letting it alone &l allowing the body reabsorb it) and applying anti-biotic cream, what do you guys suggest for quick healing, and also protection while working out.

I'm in week 5 of Insanity, and as many of you know there is a lot of running/pounding on the feet. Any suggestions on how to tape this or prevent further rubbing/irritation until it heals?

I have made it a habit to get back into the mindset that every workout is war. All-out, 100% do-it-or-die-trying war. If you want to get bigger and/or stronger, lifting won't be fun most days.

Post subject: Re: Water blister on toe - OUCH!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:30 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

katz wrote:
I did a lot of walking over the weekend & developed a mid-sized water blister between the big & second toe. :(

Aside from draining it (although I have read of letting it alone &l allowing the body reabsorb it) and applying anti-biotic cream, what do you guys suggest for quick healing, and also protection while working out.

I'm in week 5 of Insanity, and as many of you know there is a lot of running/pounding on the feet. Any suggestions on how to tape this or prevent further rubbing/irritation until it heals?

Hey Katz, I experience these a lot on my longer runs and what I do is quick and effective whilst allowing me to continue training. This method has never given me any problems either!

I tend to let them develop until it's bothering me (when the blister looks fit to burst and is full of liquid), I 'pop' it with a sterilised needle, drain it making sure ALL of the liquid is out, if there's a loose flap of skin left I take that off then tape it up. That's it.

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:27 pm 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
katz wrote:

Hey Katz, I experience these a lot on my longer runs and what I do is quick and effective whilst allowing me to continue training. This method has never given me any problems either!

I tend to let them develop until it's bothering me (when the blister looks fit to burst and is full of liquid), I 'pop' it with a sterilised needle, drain it making sure ALL of the liquid is out, if there's a loose flap of skin left I take that off then tape it up. That's it.

Thanks for that. That's pretty much what I did, applied generous amounts of AB ointment for several days/band-aid & is all better now. I also wore"boat shoes" that I have which are very open & allowed toe foot to get a lot of air so I wouldn't sweat & aggravate it more.

It's just a "little thing", but can slow you down in a hurry when it develops! :wink:

I have made it a habit to get back into the mindset that every workout is war. All-out, 100% do-it-or-die-trying war. If you want to get bigger and/or stronger, lifting won't be fun most days.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:36 am 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
katz wrote:

Really? Being you have pl & UR tagged I would have excepted that advise to involve superglue.

http://ravingrunner.com/

http://instagram.com/ravingrunner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:37 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Kora wrote:
Really? Being you have pl & UR tagged I would have excepted that advise to involve superglue.

I know of a few runners that do the superglue thing, but just from experience piercing/draining/taping up seems to work well and get me to the end of the run with minimal pain.

You might have to just try a few different things and see what works best for you :)

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:28 am 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Kora wrote:

I know of a few runners that do the superglue thing, but just from experience piercing/draining/taping up seems to work well and get me to the end of the run with minimal pain.

You might have to just try a few different things and see what works best for you :)

I prefer to superglue. I don't like having to the remove the tape afterward. Primarily because I tend to get blisters between my smallest two toes not easy area for me to tape. The superglue is harder to do, though. If you do it wrong the blister will refill.

http://ravingrunner.com/

http://instagram.com/ravingrunner