Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Snowboard season conditioning? Workout suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:27 pm 
VBB Moderator

Hey pals & gals,

I missed a snowboard fitness class tonight that I really wanted to take. Do any of you have some recommended exercises that specifically work the muscles in the legs, back, and core to enhance snowboarding skills and performance?

Please share!

Post subject: Re: Snowboard season conditioning? Workout suggestions?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:25 pm 
VBB Moderator

Okay well since this got a lot of views but no replies I thought I would share. I got in on the next class and it was really good.

Some key takeaways that I remember without looking at the hand out he gave me, maybe I can scan it later and post it here.

Don't get cold on the lift. Breathing exercises, through the nose out the mouth hard with tongue touching the top of the mouth will help get the blood flowing and get you ready for action when the lift gets to the top.

Strength isn't shit without good form/posture for a strong structure. So things like squats make sure you're on the level before you worry about how much weight you can push.
Toes against the wall, hands over your head, legs shoulder with, deep weightless squats, dont let your knees touch the wall. You'll likely need to scoot back a few inches, widen your stance, and start without your arms up and work your way up to it.

We also learned crawling, falling and how to catch ourselves and strengthen what's involed in that action so that when it happens avoid injuries.

Okay, I'll see if I can get at a scanner and post the hand out. Great stuff in there.