That moment when...

Payne

... your gym closes and clears out over night without prior warning!

FUN!

So now I'm looking around for a new gym now so I can keep up my weights and general fitness. It's ashame as the gym I was with was quiet enough when I went for me to just get on with what I wanted to do without being in anyones way and it had a mass of functional equipment as opposed to weight machines which just seems to be the norm around here.

Looking round a brand new council run gym tonight though on a recommendation from a fried so i guess we'll see what they have there. It's just to bloody frustrating as I was realy getting into my routine again after the forced xmas break!

Yeah it probably would work out that way, but then its the motivation that I can't buy! This gym I'm looking at tonight is en-route home from work and then not very far from home. It also gives me the flexibility to do various different bits and have access to a pool too for those days when I just want to swim. Fingers crossed though as I'm sure it only works out an extra £2 a month.

So had my first session at the new gym I signed up to last week. It's a brand new place and only opened on Saturday. An hour in and I'd bust the floor already!

Just doing some sandbag slams about the 5th or 6th rep I felt the floor go a little spongey. The guy working there who had given me the sandbag (I'd been using a medicine ball before) prodded the floor and suggested next time I do them, I do them up in the weight section because of the reenforced floor.

PAYNE SMASSSSHHHHH!

Yeah it's ok. Back on my three/four weeks of heavier weights. Managed a 100kg deadlift for the first time on Saturday. Not sure when I'll be able to go lifting again though as I think I'm going to some weird class my PT runs which is meant to be quite intense and then I'm away at the weekend, although I may slip a quick session in before we leave on Friday, will see how sore I am from kickboxing the night before!

I want to have a chat with my PT about a routine for what I want to achieve when I see him tomorrow evening. He's the only person I've ever met at a gym who's job is to help, that's actually understood what I wanted and how's best for me to get the results. It's probably because he's from the same sort of background and he used to train kyokushin with the people i now kickbox with.