300-lbs vegan Bears DT talks about the lifestyle

Sharing article I just saw interviewing David Carter about his plant-based lifestyle transition and a sample of what he eats in a day. I noted that in his meal plan, there don't appear to be any pre-made protein/sports drinks or supplements -- possibly to avoid PED testing mistakes by not totally knowing what might be in them. Just beans, fruit, grains, veggies.

Yeah, there are short cuts out there. Fortunately there are some good products out there for us as we learn more about plant-based eating to help with the transition. Don't let them become a crutch though....not rocket science. Just takes a little effort to learn.

#BOOM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2546331-300-pound-vegan-bears-dt-david-carter-reveals-his-meal-plan

Did you see this Vegan Badass video

on YouTube? He says you don't need to do protein shakes and that too much protein is a waste, I do protein smoothies because I just don't eat enough protein, but he says just eat enough protein and you won't need protein smoothies shakes, what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Spirulina is actually a whole food so not exactly a supplement in the usual sense.

I do agree with him even though he is tiny and not very strong. I have taken less and less of my protein from powders and have not noticed a difference. I do notice a big difference with bcaas though. I have half a jug of MRM that I can't even use since I tested allergic to pea.

Here's the other thing. None of these supplement companies are regulated. The whole vitamin/supplement industry! No regulation at all. That means we as consumers put faith into a corporation that is trying to make the biggest profit for their investers/owners to give us a pure unadulterated product. Yeah right. There needs to be some testing for sure. How the hell do you know what is in the bottle?