Ultimate Fighter 4

I dont know if there is already a topic for this, I do not see one .

in the previews I am glad to see, randy as a coach. surprised to see GSP.

Only because I never really see him anywhere, so this will be great.

Do these fighters even need coaching? or just a chance?

I am confused as to what is the cut off point for contestants, as far as qualifying for the show. It seems that some of them have been successful there last outing , so that means the ability to work up the ladder on there own. Oh well, as with everyother TUF show I will be glued to the TV.

I wonder if the format will be like the first two or like the third.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have only just seen Season 3 over here in the UK, so no doubt will have to wait ages for Season 4

I'll have to follow it on the internet

Yeah I had to do the same thing with DR WHO over here.

you must have been proud that your countryman Brisbain (sp) won. We just had the replay all day of Season 3 on Saturday, season 4 starts thurday.

YOu know tigress, the commentators at the final made comment that viewers needed captioning to understand Brisbain's accent, I did not have any problem understanding Brisbain's accent, but Ross...holy cow

I think its a great show.

Dr Who isn't my thing, so can't help you with that I am afraid.

Did you get to see fight school over there ? That was quite good viewing too.

I'll be badgering you now for updates on Season 4

no I have not heard of that before...umm Fight School (sorry)

Sounds like a good name.

what is it about?

I should probably look it up on the net

Fight School was about a group of people into martial arts who then went over to China (I think it was) and were trained by instructors.

They had to fight each other to stay in the group, a bit like ultimate fighter but with a lot more discipline and building of warrior type thing.

I only saw a few episodes but it looked good. It featured guys and girls too which was nice to see.

saw the first episode last night. it looks really good so far. in his typical fashion, shonie carter shows up in a pimp suit. HAHA! everyone seems to have a lot of respect for each other. and i think it's safe to say we won't have any fighters leaving the house or choking in their first fight like we have in previous seasons. no "do you wanna be a fighter" speeches, these guys are all fighters.

the first episode gave lots of action. intros, pick teams, training, and straight to the first fight. and what can you say... shonie has still got it. some doubt during the training, but he pulls out the win pretty decisively. now from what i see of matt serra in this episode, he looks like an unbelievably good coach. it's good to see him have such respect and support for shonie, even though shonie knocked him out in their bout in the octagon. that is the mark of a great competitior. no ego, always support your team. i look forward to the rest of the season.

I think this season is going to be the opposite of last season. No whiny high school crap about missing your girlfriend, no false bravado like Shamrock's incessant (and insipid) whining about Tito.

Plus, from what I've seen, these guys look like they are already in excellent shape. It looks like they're all very serious about this opportunity.

OMG! i just finished watching the 2nd episode. i know you all saw that. that bloodbath was even worse that yves edwards vs. joe stevenson. and this is the first time i have ever seen a draw and a forced extra round. i am very suprised that they did not stop the fight. the cut was not in such a dangerous place, and wasn't getting in his eyes. but it was dripping everywhere like a faucet! i'm sure it looked worse than it was, it obviously didn't hinder his performance. but it looked absolutely terrible.

to give dewees credit, most guys would have lost their self confidence and esteem when they see themselve bleed that much, but he handled it very well i think.

When a cut is so bad that the blood is getting in the OTHER guy's eyes, maybe it's time to stop the fight. Perhaps if they were in a position other than Dewees on top pounding the hapless Ray, they would have. Lots of blood, but the fight on whole was pretty boring.

Shoni needs his own show. The "it's not youuuu" part was the funniest moment of the TUF series. The look on McCarthy's face was priceless. And Shoni's pimp outfit was off the hook, over the top, etc. That guy is awesome.

When a cut is so bad that the blood is getting in the OTHER guy's eyes, maybe it's time to stop the fight. Perhaps if they were in a position other than Dewees on top pounding the hapless Ray, they would have. Lots of blood, but the fight on whole was pretty boring.

Shoni needs his own show. The "it's not youuuu" part was the funniest moment of the TUF series. The look on McCarthy's face was priceless. And Shoni's pimp outfit was off the hook, over the top, etc. That guy is awesome.

I was concerned about that also. I was also afraid that the blood was going to go into Ray's mouth. I thought the fight was pretty hoo hum also. I hope that the contestants are tested for all the blood borne (sp) disease.

I hope that the contestants are tested for all the blood borne (sp) disease.

that' exactly what i was thinking. besides steroids, they should also test for disease. with the amount of blood that is spillled in this sport, i'm sure they have thought of that. can you imagine what it would be like to have a guy bleeding like that, then later find out he has HIV or something? like tyler durden said in fight club while he was bleeding all over lou, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN LOU!"

The Shonie of Love! yeah why not? he's better looking and better dressed that flavor flav. he's got the charisma and character. that was pretty funny. watching mccarthy's reaction to this little joke, i noticed something. is it just me or does anyone else see a resemblance between Charles Mccarthy and Phil Anselmo?

Edited by ronnie kray

Well I watched episode 2 last night, and all that blood make me feel sick !

When he was on the mat leaning forward and it was just dripping out like a tap was gross

I am looking forward to next week when the new coach arrives for the grey team and Matt and him don't like each other

yeah that cut turned the octagon into a scene out of Reservoir Dogs. all those people who call mma "human cockfighting" will surely point to that fight. dewees wasnt in any physical danger, but it was a bloody mess.

i'm think George St. Pierre doesn't know any curse words in english. when he was telling the rest of the fighters to pick up the pace, i noticed he yelled out "hurry up you bunch of... um... lazy guys" .

• 2 weeks later...
i think it's safe to say we won't have any fighters leaving the house... like we have in previous seasons.

guess i spoke too soon. and just like last time, it was over a girl. this time it wasn't love though, it was lust. oh man... hearing jeremy's excuse, "i just wanted someone to talk to "... yeah right! i hope for his sake there was more than just talking going on when he jumped that fence. it would suck if he got kicked off the show and didn't even get some. i hope it was worth it.

i wonder what he's gonna do know. maybe he can hang out with noah from the last season.

i think it's safe to say we won't have any fighters leaving the house... like we have in previous seasons.

guess i spoke too soon. and just like last time, it was over a girl. this time it wasn't love though, it was lust. oh man... hearing jeremy's excuse, "i just wanted someone to talk to "... yeah right! i hope for his sake there was more than just talking going on when he jumped that fence. it would suck if he got kicked off the show and didn't even get some. i hope it was worth it.

i wonder what he's gonna do know. maybe he can hang out with noah from the last season.

man what an idiot. In the beginning of the show hes talking "like oh im so happy to be here. This is a chance in a lifetime".... I cant believe somebody would be that dumb. He had to of known the rules.

The saddest part about him, was how he had been telling everyone he was homeless, had been living in his car etc then went and threw it all away on a girl he doesn't even know !!

He kind of came across as the type of person who likes to live on hardtimes. Likes having something to blame for basically not wanting to commit enough to make his dreams come true.

That skin rash everyone had was icky too !

You can tell its going to be a short fight by how long to the end of the programme they leave showing it.

This was one in the last 6 mins of the show, so it was obvious it was going to finish in the first round

Yea i noticed that too. But i was hoping it was going to be a knockout. Personally i dont like to watch someone just stupidly give up there back to a awesome grappler. Props to Travis Lutter (thats who it was right?) though.