i need a real bike..

ok, i'm tired of using my crappy bicycle, and i'm looking for a good one ( a decent one ), that i can use everyday to go everywhere.. something light and something that will last for a long time.

anyone willing to help me? i don't understand anything about bikes.. all i know is how to run with them..

edit: i'd love to have a foldable bike..

Edited by andgbr

If you want something really comfy that will have little to know maintanence I suggest getting either a fixed gear or single speed mountain bike with 2" wide all weather tires. It will ride smooth on smooth roads(unlike a mountain bike), yet it will handle the bumpy stuff if you need to go on a rocky path or something(a road bike definitely stinks for doing this). As for weight it will be somewhat light since it won't have extra gears and the tooling to make the gears shift. With this bike you will find that you can go fairly fast(unlike cruiser and folding bikes). And it will be comfortable enough to use for occasional work outs.

If you want something really comfy that will have little to know maintanence I suggest getting either a fixed gear or single speed mountain bike with 2" wide all weather tires. It will ride smooth on smooth roads(unlike a mountain bike), yet it will handle the bumpy stuff if you need to go on a rocky path or something(a road bike definitely stinks for doing this). As for weight it will be somewhat light since it won't have extra gears and the tooling to make the gears shift. With this bike you will find that you can go fairly fast(unlike cruiser and folding bikes). And it will be comfortable enough to use for occasional work outs.

can you tell me a brand and model ( or anything like that ).. of the bikes that i should buy? i'm kinda lost.. i don't really know where to start looking for these bikes.. so, if could tell me some specific bikes or brands, that'd help me a lot.

Cannondale makes a pretty good one(I don't know how much it costs but I doubt its cheap), Bianchi. GT makes one that is reasonably cheap(under $400 I think). You may also find a good used one on EBAY. Chances are the tires will be really knobby on anything you'll find but thats an easy fix.

Cannondale makes a pretty good one(I don't know how much it costs but I doubt its cheap), Bianchi. GT makes one that is reasonably cheap(under $400 I think). You may also find a good used one on EBAY. Chances are the tires will be really knobby on anything you'll find but thats an easy fix.

thanks!